Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: [Investigation] Long loading times

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    so...a question for anyone who understands the technical stuff....

these loading times problems are just because of the Easter event, is that correct? or is this going to continue after the event?

because I'm just about done with this taking up all my time just to load the game, leaving me little time to actually play -- and I'm not comfortable messing about in Terminal (I'm on a macbook)

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Official workarounds for Mac and Linux are now available:

https://forum.thesettlersonline.com/...-loading-times

Also, the workaround for Chrome, Chromium, Opera and Vivaldi (on Windows) has been updated with a screenshot that shows the new version of the parameter that has to be added in the "Properties" window of the shortcut.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Northisle
    My problem is not long loading times - but that loading sometimes stops after 45 seconds ( loading about 60MB ). When that happens, then after clicking reload the loading restarts and usually load for about 130 seconds ( loading about 160MB ) and game starts ( load is 1.3 MB/sec ).
    Sometimes the extra restart is not needed.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Torkav View Post
    The workaround for Chrome (better loading times) has been updated - the parameter that has to be added in the Properties window has been changed to:

--disk-cache-size=5000000000 --media-cache-size=5000000000 --disk-cache-dir="C:\chrome_cache"

forum.thesettlersonline.com/threads/36989-Guide-Better-loading-times
    I have no idea at all what any of that means, and suspect nor do the majority of the people playing the game. How about sorting it out your end instead of asking individuals to mess with the settings on their computers which may impinge on it's performance on other games/apps/programmes?

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    I confirm that the workaround provided is NOT working at all, sometimes I wait like 15-20 minutes.

Chrome: Version 74.0.3729.131 (Official Build) (64-bit)
    Windows 10 64-bit
    Flash 32.0.0.171
    Hello People

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Also does not work for me in Chrome.
    Why should I have to alter settings anyway to make your stupid game work?
    I play Elvenar, another Flash browser game and I always log in in less than a minute without fail.
    There's nothing wrong with my computer, browser or internet connection so the fault is entirely at server end and seems to be beyond BB capabilities to understand and correct.
    I've stuck with this game for years but of late it's become a farce - the Easter event has been a washout - so many eggs missed and daily logins missed.
    Unable to log in today to spent what eggs I have - total waste of time.
    I'm done with it now, seriously - thank goodness I never spent a penny on this rubbish game.
    Cheers BB, it's almost been fun.
    Maybe go and learn some coding and how to make a browser game run properly.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    It still doesnt work on chrome on a pc ( even with updated command line commands) as chrome will not cache files bigger than 25MB and i have yet to see a command that overrules that default setting.
    It works on firefox because firefox does have that setting.
    Easily checked by looking into the cache folder at the largest file in there.

The simplest fix would be to make sure no game data file was larger than the 25MB limit imposed by chrome.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Event is over and game still won't load -- refresh, wait for 45 min, refresh, wait for 45 min, etc -- still not loaded -- life is too short don't for this

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    took me 4 hours to log on last night, 45 mins today and still stuck even with the cache enabled on chrome

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    I haven't had any slow logins in the past 6 years. Chrome and flash updates sometimes prevent me from login in completely.
    Downloading or watching Netflix does increase the loading time significantly but that's not something BB can help

Reply to Thread