Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: [Investigation] Long loading times

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    tell me about it... Bb couldn`t sort out a party in a Friary!

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by megadethmaniac View Post
    See workaround has been suggested and that doesn`t work either. Unable to log at all this morning so 1 drop missed and multiple explorers sitting idle! Now at 29 minutes since workaround loaded onto pc and still no better.
    Now at 1hr 24 and still no further forward!!!!!!!!!

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    i use Microsoft edge so latest details on front page are no use to me and I still have problem with long loading times

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Normally I use IE no fix for that.... tried the fix on Firefox......and guess what..... no change

World
    Newfoundland
    One more question - where do you put this parameter in Ubuntu? I don't have a desktop icon, I have Chromium locked to the launcher, and there are no options. And of course the slim browser is no solution either...

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Running on two different PC's
    One very old PC running Vista and an old version of Chrome (it won't let it upgrade and further) which was exhibiting the slow log in problem and usually needed 3 or 4 refreshes after sticking at the usual point. Have done the suggested mod and today it logged in a lot quicker on the first attempt. It jumped from the normal sticking point to the grey screen which usually pops up just before load completes after a couple of minutes. The normal message screen then appeared and login completed by clicking the green tick. Definitely an improvement.
    The newer PC running Win 10 and the latest version of Chrome was exhibiting the slow log on and about a week ago it never managed to get past the sticking point. I had given up and switched to Opera which usually logged in after a couple of refreshes. Applied the mod to Chrome last night and logged in fine then and again this morning.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    You may want to add to the recently posted [Guide] Better loading times that this solution ONLY works for Windows users.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Afke View Post
    You may want to add to the recently posted [Guide] Better loading times that this solution ONLY works for Windows users.
    Well it didn't for me maybe window 7s too old hat :P

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    the slimbrowser does not work, there is something with the flashplayer and yes i havee chrome and i also has the flash player installed but it still says theat i am missing it. so no that is not a solution

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    None of the advise in the guide helps stop those 4 big files being downloaded every time, they are probably too big for some internal file size limit and so never get cached. I suspect the only way this will get fixed is if those 4 files are split into smaller files or maybe if the game assets are not packed up at all. The limit is pretty low as far as I can tell, even with the browser set to cache up to 100GB, it still never caches files bigger than around 5MB each.

Reply to Thread