Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: [Investigation] Long loading times

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Started Twins 15 minutes ago, still hasn't appeared..

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Impossible to enter game. I think its time to say goodbye to settlers. Just not worth to wasting time. Cant believe that BB cant fix this.

World
    Newfoundland
    They are trying to fix it its just veeeerryyy sloooww from our point of view.
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    I know very little about computer systems so here is my best shot.
    This had been happening since football event started and today I started trying to load at 12 noon and is now 3.20 and its just come up with connection to server lost/connection error so reloading again.
    I use google chrome
    Don't know what version but says up to date as does flash
    Use windows 10
    Internet provider Virgin
    don't understand connection used.....I can only say wifi....no cables
    My husband has the same computer, same wifi and he gets on in approx 1/2 hr. (I'm using his at the moment)
    In all the years I have been playing I have never had this problem.

World
    Newfoundland
    Went onto Test Server this morning using Firefox Browser and the game was quick to load, not tried Chrome yet.
    JJ.
    Everything comes to those who wait.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by topgearfan View Post
    They are trying to fix it its just veeeerryyy sloooww from our point of view.
    "From our point of view"???

I haven't been able to get in since April 15th. Not being able to fix their own mess for over 2.5 months, that's not just slow in "our point of view". Something happened when they implemented the Easter event, which boke the game for a lot of players. Why are they not able to figure out what that was? I seriously think it's fair to question the abilities of their programmers.

Btw, I see NOTHING suggesting they're even trying to fix this. They're posting "solutions" that doesn't work. I'm surprised they've stopped nagging about clearing cache, deleting folders, etc., because for years that's been their standards response to every single problem, while players are the ones suggesting actual solutions to problems, not BB.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    1. Date and time - when exactly did the problem occur and how long did it take to load the game? TODAY
    2. Browser + Browser version number (Please always post the complete version number, not just "current")CHROME LATEST PLUS OPERA, FF,
    3. Flash version number (Please always post the complete version number, not just "current")LATEST
    4. Operating System WIN7
    5. Which internet provider (Telekom, Vodafone, 1 & 1, etc.) do you use? AUSTRALIA 2 DIFERENT PROVIDERS
    6. What type of Internet connection (cable, DSL, VDSL, leased line, fiber, UMTS, LTE, etc.) do you use? ADSL AND WI-FI
    7. What's the download/upload speed of that connection? 3mBPS
    8. Is clearing the Flash Player Cache of any help? NOT REALLY
    9. Does the problem also occur with other browsers? YES
    10. Was the game's tab the only tab that was opened in the browser?YES

11. Was our guide of any help?NO

2HRS AND WAITING

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    A new game version was implemented yesterday (02.07.2019) on the Test Server. Game files were optimized and reduced in size in order to improve loading. Another update with another filesize reduction will be implemented today (03.07.2019) at around 11:00 - 12:00 CEST.

When today's update is over, please visit the Test Server and let us know if you see an improvement in regards to loading!

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafnir View Post
    "From our point of view"???

I haven't been able to get in since April 15th. Not being able to fix their own mess for over 2.5 months, that's not just slow in "our point of view". Something happened when they implemented the Easter event, which boke the game for a lot of players. Why are they not able to figure out what that was? I seriously think it's fair to question the abilities of their programmers.

Btw, I see NOTHING suggesting they're even trying to fix this. They're posting "solutions" that doesn't work. I'm surprised they've stopped nagging about clearing cache, deleting folders, etc., because for years that's been their standards response to every single problem, while players are the ones suggesting actual solutions to problems, not BB.
    Well since from their point of view its acceptable to not fix some bugs for over 6 years a few months is nothing.
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    new sizes for me on tsotesting:
    with nothing cached ~50MB with biggest file being 5.7MB
    with cached files its less than 1MB, biggest file being 634KB

so huge difference for file sizes, but the cached version still got to ~40% loaded and paused for a while (about 15 seconds) with no network activity.

Looking good so far, just need the people with 1hour+ loading times to go and try tsotesting and then report back if there is an improvement.

Reply to Thread