Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Notes: Adventure Pricing

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland

[Feedback] Dev Notes: Adventure Pricing

Please feel free to leave your thoughts and comments on the [Dev Notes] Adventure Pricing below.

The original post can be found here.

Happy commenting!
    BB_Torkav

World
    Northisle
    Wow, you really don't understand this game do you BB.

Stop making pointless changes and fix the lag.
    t00t t00t
    This signature has been censored.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    fix the lag please

World
    Sandycove
    I got as far as reading the SotV increase and laughed my coffee all over the screen.

Increasing the price of Sons of the Veld, arguably the most useless adventure ever, and one that has millions already in star menus across the servers of the world cos barely anybody plays them with any frequency or real desire......

Unless BB are about to change the mechanics of this adv, or are going to make the xp and rewards actually worth doing as a troop loss/xp/reward ratio, then it is just another example of the devs not having a clue about this game.

I can't comment on the other changes atm as my eyes are still full of tears of laughter.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
    Last edited by Thejollyone; 21.03.19 at 16:43.

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove

algorithms

you say you have balanced many things to come up with the new pricing. Any chance of sharing the algorithms with us? Maybe we could offer some advise, think you need some but that's just my opinion.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    It's probably a dart board formula :P

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotugo View Post
    It's probably a dart board formula :P
    Hey don't knock the Monte Carlo method it's useful in calculating the area of land masses.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Newfoundland
    You've raised the price of the most common adventures brought back by explorers. Sound thinking
    It's not my fault that I never learned to take responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggis View Post
    The Germans have 3x gem happy hour..... we have an Alpaca!

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    You could make Sons of the Veld, Gunpowder, Valiant Little Tailor, Heart of the Wood and Storm Recovery just 1 map fragment each and I still wouldn't buy any. Explorers find several every day.

But, whilst doing some balancing, how about sorting the drop rate of Woodcutter on adventure searches?
    Last edited by lordloocan1; 21.03.19 at 18:25.

N0b0dy
    Another change that makes it harder for new players and easier/same for higher level players.

Raising the price of Horseback will make it harder to get to level 42 - and rising price of Black Knight will make it harder for players to advance from level 42 to 50 - and since that is where many players stop because not much new between level 42 and 47 - except XP hunting - which will become more expensive - because many dont have Rarity Provision House to make Map Fragments but need to buy them on TO ( and not enough explorers to find adventures ).
    Only gem-prices seem to be reduced by more than a few units.
    If BB want to make it a Pay to Play game then say so when players start instead of this sneaking procedure that make many new players leave after a few week of playing when they realize that level-up is very slow if you dont buy gems.
    Will not have much influence on higher level players - since most will whave enough resources to make map-fragments.

Reply to Thread