Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: We need 24 hrs noticetime before hotfixes can take place!

Forum Explorer
    World
    Sandycove

We need 24 hrs noticetime before hotfixes can take place!

I think we should make a new rule: Hotfixes and maintenances need to be announced at least 24 hrs before they take place.

How the hell can we prepare for a hotfix or maint when we get like 15 min notice time?

Today i opened the game 15 min before 11 (CET), noticing i got just 15 min to get into the game and prepare for the hotfix, this where logging in alone allready takes 14 min, leaving me just 1 min to prepare….

And i guess i am Lucky, poor players who come on just after 11, they cant even start up their game today to do their daily buffs and so.

So I really think its bad to announce hotfixes at such short notice, there for i suggest to make it a rule that a hotfix allways needs to be announced at least 24 hrs in advance!

World
    Newfoundland
    I beg to differ.

Hotfixes, which aren't technically hotfixes, at any given moment and possibly a couple of times a week, are a tradition in this game

As annoying as they are, those last-minute hotfixes (which aren't technically hotfixes) otherwise the world as we know it could just end, usually bring a mail filled with a few items for all to enjoy.
    With the latest obvious trend to increase the difficulty of events to encourage players to spend evermore, those mails are the only things given away for free by BB.
    Please don't take those away from us by implementing DutchDuty's request

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    I don't know much about databases, but if any system is breaking down you don't wait 24 to fix it. You shut them down asap and start fixing them. This is not a game update for new stuff.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Budgy View Post
    I don't know much about databases, but if any system is breaking down you don't wait 24 to fix it. You shut them down asap and start fixing them. This is not a game update for new stuff.
    Exactly this.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    Annoyed by this myself as i'm on a day off and had just applied premium to do an MC chain - but better that they address a technical game issue before a failure occurs.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    Call it what it is, Emergency database repair work

Also they should completely stop using the term "hotfix" since any adjustments to their servers require 3+ hours downtime, they never apply quick patches/fixes.

Maybe an infrastructure upgrade would reduce the repair/upgrade downtime and also reduce the lag.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    Compensation is the minimum they can do, if they can't get to respect this 24h delay !

Some words from officials like "sorry" or "apologies" could be appreciated too

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hard to say if the problem was discovered right before they tried fixing it or not, might very well no have been possible this time to give notice.
    Giving notice is not not been something BB has beene famous for in the past though, so yes - if possible it is a fair expectation to have.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    ok if peeps want notice why dont they go back to the weekly maintenance not the monthly ones or the when we need things added or fixed,
    you know like in the old days when the nightime players missed out when most us slept and they couldnt get on to play coz that wasnt fair on them but we all knew it was gonna happen like clockwork we slept and they was locked out the game for hours

any downtme in the game is never gonna be good for everyone i wasnt online so dunno what broke or whatever but if they gave notice its better than none at all and not saying anything

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    The weekly maint times were best ever! 2 days playtime on 1 day prem coin.
    Worst. Comedian. EVER.

Reply to Thread