Reply to Thread

Thread: Is it normal to have to select something up to 8 times until the task is done

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove

Is it normal to have to select something up to 8 times until the task is done

Like selecting or buffing something, attacking a camp, placing a field and so on. This problem only exists since a few months. It is really annoying .. ruins the fun. Do other people have the same problem?

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Yes!!! I have found out that the problem accour when I use the Crome browser.. I do not know about what you use.. but Crome might be the problem.

And yes, it is annoying like Hell.. have stopt blocking, as I do not know if I am able to hit the next camp in time.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    its cause most browsers no longer support flash. so they dont respond correctly. its also whats causing most of the lag.

When the game is playing up go into task manager and check and see whats runing. u might find multiple versions of flash running which can cause lag and browser crashes.

prob seems to be that flash doesnt close down when u close a tab that was runing flash so u end up with lots of them runing slowing down ur browser. Cortana can be a prob as well on windows 10. i had 5 cortanas runing at the same time when i checked task manager.

Flash tends to use a lot of system resources so if more than 1 is up and running it slows ur system down to a halt.

When i get browser not responding i check task manager and have found 10 flash players runing even though only 1 tab is open. what happens is when u refresh flash doesnt close down but instead opens another so u end up having to reboot ur PC to close them all. Closing the browser doesnt always fix it and refreshing makes it worse.

Flash is full of malware and spyware which causes the probs. So adobe can let us use it for free thay sell places in the program to whoever pays the most. Its called bloatware. they add bits that r not needed to gather ur info to sell. google does the same with chrome.its why a decent internet security program wont allow chrome on ur system.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by cliff60 View Post
    its cause most browsers no longer support flash. so they dont respond correctly. its also whats causing most of the lag.

When the game is playing up go into task manager and check and see whats runing. u might find multiple versions of flash running which can cause lag and browser crashes.

prob seems to be that flash doesnt close down when u close a tab that was runing flash so u end up with lots of them runing slowing down ur browser. Cortana can be a prob as well on windows 10. i had 5 cortanas runing at the same time when i checked task manager.

Flash tends to use a lot of system resources so if more than 1 is up and running it slows ur system down to a halt.

When i get browser not responding i check task manager and have found 10 flash players runing even though only 1 tab is open. what happens is when u refresh flash doesnt close down but instead opens another so u end up having to reboot ur PC to close them all. Closing the browser doesnt always fix it and refreshing makes it worse.

Flash is full of malware and spyware which causes the probs. So adobe can let us use it for free thay sell places in the program to whoever pays the most. Its called bloatware. they add bits that r not needed to gather ur info to sell. google does the same with chrome.its why a decent internet security program wont allow chrome on ur system.
    Are you an internet explorer salesperson? Because half your comments make no sense and the other half is just wrong.

OP is clearly experiencing lag, and yes, flash is outdated and slow. But you can't blame everything on flash. I'm running the latest version of chrome as I have been for 5 years and I rarely have lag. Only when other people join an adventure I experience lag.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Thank you very much, I am using Crome ... will try a different one.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    i thought it was just me. i have no lag and very rarely suffer, but i still have to click several times on everything and i think this is probz the main cause of my rarely playing anymore

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    OK in case it is important. I changed from Chrome to Firefox and all problems are gone. I think Chrome really can cause issues for some.

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Budgy View Post
    Are you an internet explorer salesperson? Because half your comments make no sense and the other half is just wrong.

OP is clearly experiencing lag, and yes, flash is outdated and slow. But you can't blame everything on flash. I'm running the latest version of chrome as I have been for 5 years and I rarely have lag. Only when other people join an adventure I experience lag.
    Hope not, IE is even worse, it's a gateway for botnets.
    Firefox is far better than IE or Chrome but even then experiences the "extra click" problems as Flash lags your comp.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Reply to Thread