Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: more mess in quest log

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle

more mess in quest log

After some complaint about the weekly challenge quests in the quest log and not being able to turn them off or even get rid of them, i see bb have pressed on regardless!

trust me, no 1 cares how many days till the useless tree gives a pointless gift. i bought mine for decoration only. the more u tinker with this game the worse u make it. i think this is probably the last straw for me as i hate unnecessary clutter, as do most players attracted to this type of game.

get rid of this pointless nonsense b4 others give up as well

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    +1
    I already have the pvp- the weekly nightmares and the love garden that I wish to get rid of- so now the clutter continues. And it seems that I still have to be carefull not to bomb the tree each week. I like that the gifts end up in star, but the content is still totally useless. What the lucky bring home from one search is way more interesting.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    I think the timer is handy as otherwise the tree might be forgotten.

The timer could have done with being on the tree itself rather than in the quest log.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotugo View Post
    I think the timer is handy as otherwise the tree might be forgotten.
    ROFL r u srlsy worried about forgetting a gift from that tree?

yes put a timer on the tree for this guy, and i agree with Urd, the explo loot is way more interesting, but thats ok for me personally as i only had it for decoration.

OR... why don't u give us a timer for every tree on the island. I'm sure e1 would love that i know i would

... still chuckling, "forget about the gift" oh my, lol
    Last edited by vigabrand; 26.03.19 at 21:47.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post
    +1
    A surprising +1 from you especially as you have been often saying that you forget to use various special buildings with long cooldowns :P

Quote Originally Posted by vigabrand View Post
    ROFL r u srlsy worried about forgetting a gift from that tree?

yes put a timer on the tree for this guy, and i agree with Urd, the explo loot is way more interesting, but thats ok for me personally as i only had it for decoration.

OR... why don't u give us a timer for every tree on the island. I'm sure e1 would love that i know i would

... still chuckling, "forget about the gift" oh my, lol
    In case you missed it a lot of people asked for a timer and some even asked a timer that you could notice more easily because they would forget the check the timer weekly. Also if you missed it the tree loot was reworked and its now 5-10x better for higher levels than before (low level items removed, high item amounts doubled or tripled).

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Yea the gifts are not too shabby, especially considering there is nothing at all required to produce them. I got 2 tomes in one of the loot slots a few weeks ago, and that was before the loot tables were significantly upgraded. Now you have a (much better) chance to get 3 tomes (or 3 codices even).

I do think the timer "quest" is silly, and the gift trees should have been implemented similarly to the bookbinder. There are lots of things that you are required to check up on periodically in this game, we should all be used to that by now.

I still would like to know what happens if I click the top-level X and confirm. Will the timer continue to run in the background or will it stop my trees from working? (Obviously I would wait until all the other quests are completed so they are not lost.)

Edit: Answered by Kotugo below, thanks for trying that out
    Last edited by AbsoluteZ; 27.03.19 at 01:30.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    @AbsoluteZ

I only have the gift timer in my side quest log so I thought I would try using the "x". I get a confirmation box asking if I am sure, if I say yes then nothing happens. I presume it only clears all the quests that have the "x" next to them (which the timer quest does not).

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Would have preferred to have the timer on tree also but as long as it works current solution is acceptable. Since some people are worried to forget the tree altogether placing a reminder in the questbook is best for them as you probably look at questbook at every login.
    Worst. Comedian. EVER.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    sry SSS i must be missing someting, current solution to what? i see nothing that needs a solution! so what if u forget the tree a few hours or even a day aint gonna hurt any1. obviously at lvl70 i am to low to recieve this improved loot coz i have no idea what u guys are talking about

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannerheim View Post
    In case you missed it a lot of people asked for a timer and some even asked a timer that you could notice more easily because they would forget the check the timer weekly. Also if you missed it the tree loot was reworked and its now 5-10x better for higher levels than before (low level items removed, high item amounts doubled or tripled).
    It's once per week, regular as clockwork. here's a suggestion...

sunday evening b4 u get ur jimjams on ready for school the next day go check ur tree. that way i can have the silly timer removed from my quest log

Reply to Thread