Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Notes: Improvements for Weekly Challenges

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannerheim View Post
    In their post they only said that map availability will be improved, the token rewards increased and split partially to sub quests . Based on the post I would assume that they have no plans to do any other kind of changes until those mentioned ones have been running for months at live servers so they have enough analytics data to see how they affected the overall participation rate.
    Ha ha they also said they listened to the previous feedback....based on what they are offering, they have once again not heard what the players have been telling them. This content is simply not in keeping with the game most players play, it is not a challenge, it is not weekly ( if you finish early ), it is not interesting, there are better, more efficient ways of getting the rewards offered assuming you as the player think you need them. I repeat what I said in a previous post, the devs will not admit they have got it wrong and they will stubbornly not address it properly to make it right. Quite frankly even this thread, let alone the weekly challenges just underline what has been said all along about the ever changing BB development team, they have no idea about their own game. I'll go further....no I won't, it simply isn't worth it..
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    At the very least they should make it optional. It screws up players up to level 40 or so, especially when they're gearing up for an adventure and find that they have less iron/gold/whatever than they thought. AND they have to try to finish the weekly just to get something back. This really just amounts to coercion.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post
    I dont get why the co-ops should be removed
    One very simple reason is that those are the only part of the current content where finishing it is completely out of your control.

That being said you end up being in a funny situation where the adventure itself poses no challenge to you (being a low level adventure) but regardless of that you cannot guarantee you'll ever finish it regardless of potential effort you put in, because you can be mechanically unable to.

Such thing should never be included in any kind of relevant quest, for the very same reason RNG elements should not be a part of timed competition.

Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan View Post
    2. Remove the coops and replace them with 3 x single/multi player adventures
    They wont do it because its completely against the main reason why they put coops in.

basically if the players perception is 90% of the content is crap because of poor balancing, players wont make use of that part of the content and it looks bad from the business point of view. So what can be done to fix that is :
    - fixing the content
    - shoving the content down players throats to artificially boost the time spent on playing it

Out of the two the second option is more cost effective, by a large margin (and its not even limited to this game).

For the same reason you have crap adventures becoming seasonal adventures during events - they even actually said that was their thought process.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkz View Post
    One very simple reason is that those are the only part of the current content where finishing it is completely out of your control.

That being said you end up being in a funny situation where the adventure itself poses no challenge to you (being a low level adventure) but regardless of that you cannot guarantee you'll ever finish it regardless of potential effort you put in, because you can be mechanically unable to.

Such thing should never be included in any kind of relevant quest, for the very same reason RNG elements should not be a part of timed competition.

They wont do it because its completely against the main reason why they put coops in.

basically if the players perception is 90% of the content is crap because of poor balancing, players wont make use of that part of the content and it looks bad from the business point of view. So what can be done to fix that is :
    - fixing the content
    - shoving the content down players throats to artificially boost the time spent on playing it

Out of the two the second option is more cost effective, by a large margin (and its not even limited to this game).

For the same reason you have crap adventures becoming seasonal adventures during events - they even actually said that was their thought process.
    It is possible within the time frame of 1 week to finish the co-op. I do a lot of them and I only experienced once out of a huge lot not to be able to complete (that was ½ an hour before valentines even ended - so we were 3 left to hang by a dude who never bothered even to give an explanation) But normally there is plenty of time to do 3 even if one should fail. That said I agree with you - it is a bad policy to try to make us use and like stuff that have failed by forcing us to do them. Quite a few falls into that category, but I just dont think co-ops is one of them, not after they changed the loot.

We have a new guildie with only tavern gens who was not even able to do one vtv -and she had to manage 3. Yes it is multi player and she can swap- but just doing one alone was an impossible task. When you are new to the game, you just do all the quest there,- as you don't know this is new content that should rather have been named the weekly nightmare. VTV is in my opinion and adv that fits your profile well.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

World
    Sandycove
    How much of our feedback is actually listened to and actioned without bias?

I can just see the devs sitting there, hosted by Alex.

Alex: The players have spoken guys - opinions?
    BB devs: I think they have valid points on this, this and this.... etc
    Alex: Okay - suggestions?
    BB devs: We should go with the reasonable suggestions.
    Alex: Okay guys, thanks for your time. But I'm going to totally ignore it all because I want the balance of the game to go the way I planned it after all.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Thejollyone View Post
    How much of our feedback is actually listened to and actioned without bias?

I can just see the devs sitting there, hosted by Alex.

Alex: The players have spoken guys - opinions?
    BB devs: I think they have valid points on this, this and this.... etc
    Alex: Okay - suggestions?
    BB devs: We should go with the reasonable suggestions.
    Alex: Okay guys, thanks for your time. But I'm going to totally ignore it all because I want the balance of the game to go the way I planned it after all.
    I like your post
    Apparently - rumour says that the reason Alex thinks it is OK for us to part with troops that takes days to build is that he thinks that we play on normal servers like we do on test. That is just sending expensive troops in random to see what happens. So with a mind like that - how are we going to change anything.
    Sorry to be negative - but with hundreds of feedback post already - and BB that still does not seem to have a clue why so many of us dont like the weekly nightmares - what can you expect.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    i think they still aint worth doing

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    I know this plea will fall upon deaf ears, or even worse Alex, but can these stay on the test server until they work properly please?
    Sick of broken stuff screwing up the game when there's no reason for it to have gone live.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    do think that it takes way too much stuff to participate, especially if you are trying to build your island up!

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    Getting more tokens is definitely good. If it is only about those +33 %, I don't think it is good enough.
    Having token rewards for each sub-quest is even better, but will their amount make any big difference? With the costs of higher upgrades it will feel like a drop in the ocean.

Overall, this change might entice me into playing some challenges (especially if I manage to get at least one of those massively overpriced Wondrous Residences), but in general they still feel quite unattractive due to some reasons mentioned in this thread.

Reply to Thread