Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Notes: Improvements for Weekly Challenges

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Elite Soldiers and Knights are a good addition to the weekly quests, however i dont use Militia or Crossbow for losses and still would not do these quests you would need alot more xp to make it even tempting to do do the train x amount and delegate x amount (even dailies i wont delegate Elite Soldiers). 1st thief is fine provided that there is a good supply of YWC to get them. Why is there insistence on putting in 3 whirlwind ?

I think most people will not waste what they class valuable resources.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    In general I like the fact that the quests are a 'real' challenge (time /cost). The XP you can gain is fantastic and makes it all worth doing

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    The changes sound good, but the main reason that I lost interest is that the challenges are either
    (1) multiple adventures which are not available to me to execute (I keep getting 2 x Ali Baba and the 2nd Thief), or
    (2) multi-player adventures.
    I simply look at the challenges and abandon them if either of the above is true.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    you are still demanding very unreasonable amounts of resources etc to complete the quests at my level, therefore i will not be able to compete

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    The changes posted are certainly heading in the right direction but one thing I have found is that the "list" of adventures required to complete the task is not a list but a single adventure, would it be possible to make the list a true list giving a choice of at least a couple of adventures particularly as one of the adventures that come up often is a four person co-operative adventure and this can be very hard to impossible to arrange so you have to abandon the challenge at that point. If there was a choice of an equally challenging two person co-op say that would improve my completion rate by almost 50%.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    Please remove the part "produce x things" from weekly challenges. If you want to have "produce" in quest at least put all sub-quests as "Obtain or produce"
    Please remove the part "finish the x adventure" like for example mary, it's too hard for me to make it and it's too long and you guys want me to even make it twice?? If you don't want to remove the "make the x adventure" quests from weekly challenges at least put adventures that you can buy LS from ( mary is for 1 player ) so at least i can buy someone LS from someone if i am too weak to make a certain adventure

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    I agree with the problem with doing the same expensive adventures over and over again, but I would like to do the adventure segment in the weekly differently: Instead of doing a specific adventure X times it would be nice if you had to get e.g. 1,2 mio XP to from adventures to complete the "task".

IMO the advantages could be
    1) you can do woodcutter a few times or horseback 1000 times or a variation of adventures, coop (or pvp) by choice.
    2) you can actually use some of the bonus buildings like Scouting post to complete faster.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    What I read here a lot in the feedback above, is that many players would just want a free completion button at the bottom of their weeklies...

"I dont want to do coops. I dont want to give up any ressource. I dont want to delegate any troops."

Hell, a player few posts above this one cant even be bothered to do any adventure, nor to produce any ressources... Yet all those players feel entitled to the rewards, aint that something?

For the rest, the changes seem like a step in the right direction to me, but a few points remain quite annoying.
    Like many, I think of course of the "Storm Recovery" quest being just ridiculously expensive to complete and seemingly not on par with the rest.
    EDIT : reading back my post, getting the other addys just to be able to start them is even more expensive, possibly... >_<

Secondly, it's obviously rather idiotic from you guys at BB to have us chose from lists that contain only a single item... Havent you realized yet that, by definition, a list should include AT LEAST 2 options?
    Finally, availability of the quests asked is very problematic, at least to me. A couple 2nd Thief means either a huge expense to try and get it from other players/TO (20-25k coins minimum a piece, LS same price...) or a huge expense with coins+ time trying to obtain them yourself with repeated YWC (which are not free either) - with no guarantee you will even drop the adventures you need in time for the weekly...

All that for a mere 21 tokens, and what little you can do with 21 tokens, is really not giving a lot of incitment for those quests... If it was not for the extra xp, I think I wouldnt even bother. Cost Vs reward is just extremely bad, you guys need to adress that, and way further.
    Last edited by Kelza; 09.04.19 at 17:39.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Since so many people seem to hate the word 'list', FYI it just says it as the task contain multiple adventures depending of the players level. It's just a generic sentence/translation that they use in many places of the game and the quest line texts are shared.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    You are certainly on the right track with the sub quest rewards i for one do them for the tokens so that i can improve my island to make the game less time consuming and more fun
    Keep up the good work

Reply to Thread