Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Notes: Improvements for Weekly Challenges

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    logged in for first time in months to see if anything had changed to encourage me back.

Weekly Challenges is only ONE of many reasons why I quit but it was the final straw at the time.

Its good to see BB wanting to do something about how bad they are.

However the suggestions put forward so far by BB certainly don't peek my interest enough to come back.

For me .. you already have a "weekly challenge" system that works well.... It's called PATHFINDER. Weekly challenges for lvl 70+ Its popular with those with access to it. If anything simply copy it ..... OR even make it available at lower levels and have the tokens including in the individual rewards for completing tasks. and different tiers of quests similar to Guild quests and event quests to balance between level ranges.

Opening up pathfinder to lower levels and incorporating weekly challenges into it means ...

those not interested can remain not interested and not have it in their face all the time.
    The structure with VARIETY of tasks on pathfinder was my favorite part of the game. It kept things varied from one week to the next.
    Any parts you didnt want to do or couldnt do .. you could just ignore but could put effort in elsewhere and still get something for your efforts.

But despite the new DEV NOTES .. the underlying problems all still remain. The whole concept was awful and screamed give us your money... It still does... only now its screaming ... OOPS .. we **** up and lost a lot of players .... we are listening honest ..... now err... GIVE US YOUR MONEY.

Won't be back.

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkz View Post
    Which doesnt solve anything because of 2 reasons :

- if the quest requirements are static, the "challenge" will be completely trivialized within days because youll have guides on how to do the adventures with particular losses
    - if there is no way to use guides, the challenge is pointless because a good 90% of the people playing this game dont have the basic knowledge about the combat system that would allow them to figure out solutions on the fly, and without that you cant really optimize your compositions in a reliable way. Which would mean a greater part of the population would be effectively exluced from the part of the game, because there is no way they complete the challenge. BB would never go for it (unless on accident).
    I disagree. I believe many people are capable of doing something like that, they just choose not to because it is easier to simply copy attacks out of some wiki guide. It might encourage more to learn the combat system and potentially realize how bad the wiki losses often are. Of course the requirements would have to change weekly, as implied by my original idea.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkz View Post
    Cap doesnt solve the problem because it doesnt even address the problem.

What the problem is is that the concept of the game relies on :
    a) improviing your infrastructure (which results in increased production)
    b) mindless grind that makes use of the resources you produced (since this is the only repeatable part of content, and was supposed to be repeated months after months for years)

If you remove the second part from the equation, for whatever reason (ie. you got tired of doing adventures over and over again, or you dont have time anymore due to your RL duties), then suddenly almost all of the production is the surplus, and the game was never prepare to handle it.

Cap doesnt take care of the root cause of the problem.
    While I agree with you here, in order to take care of the root cause they would practically need a whole new game. Which I have suggested before in the threads about Flash EoL. It does address a problem that BB currently has, which is that starring millions of resources was never intended to be part of the game and they don't like it. They have admitted as much before. And the weekly challenges seem like a lame way to try and mitigate that. This is the only reason I even brought it up.

The whole thing is really not worth arguing about since these ideas won't become reality. They were just there to try and make a point about how bad the weekly challenges are haha, that's all.

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by luckydiddy View Post

Won't be back.
    You are missed lucky, but it is completely understandable.

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Larili View Post
    Really, you listened? I see nothing here but tinkering around the edges to do what should have been done before it was thrown upon us. Oh your going to make more of the adventures available in the merchant for map frags, this is addressing the real issue is it, the issues that you listened so carefully too?
    First you said they were voluntary, and the option to complete the challenge was up to the player, and they were not meant to be done every week..... yet who was it that put a big red quest failed persistent arrow constantly in the face of the player who chose not to do one? If it was so voluntary why , like the daily quest did it not sit quietly in the quest book till deleted or replaced with a new one? Do you think it is a good gaming policy to tell a player they have failed just because the content YOU thought was a good idea wasn't in keeping with their game? Do you think it encourages them to invest in a game that wants to put them down? Even when it was by choice they did not participate, being voluntary after all, why is that a fail?
    You were repeatedly told in the feedback thread of what players actually thought met with the description of `challenge', Doing multiple same adventures, building expensive troops to donate them does not come close to being in the description of challenge, except as a resource sink, and for what, more population? This is an economic balanced game, but it seems you have forgotten that. Any challenge will involve production and balancing of resources....which, with a little bit of thought by the devs, should then be useful to the the player within their game, not thrown away or wasted, what is the point of that, other than to get a few tokens to gain more population. ( personally I have over 500,000 bread settlers sitting in star, do you think what you are producing as a `challenge' is going to interest me at all for that reward? )
    Reward players for doing more of what they want to do rather than turn the game into a chore of doing things you want them to do and they don't because you are incapable of making genuine new content true to the Settlers genre!
    + 1
    Couldn't have said better

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    UPDATE - 08.04.2019

The changes described in the Dev Notes are now live on the Test Server.

You can check them out on tsotesting.com
    Last edited by BB_Torkav; 08.04.19 at 13:55.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Torkav View Post
    UPDATE - 08.04.2019

The changes described in the Dev Notes are now live on the Test Server.

You can check them out on tsotesting.com

Your concern related to the availability of adventures required for certain Weekly Challenges is definitely valid. To improve this aspect, we will add more adventures available for map fragments to the merchant.

Didnt see any of the adventures i would get stuck with on the test server

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Having visiting test I find that for a player of my level I'm still being asked to run either 3 Storm or 3 Whirlwind or 3 Wisdoms or a Besieged, in fact off the top of my head the quests are the same as before. The only difference I noticed was that the final reward was reduced and that the sub quests give between 2-6 tokens. Not checked my live account yet but it appears that the total rewards have been increase by approximately 33%.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    as above there has been no addition of the needed adventures to the market place for frags all that is listed was already there so unless your going to add besieged or the wisdoms to the mix have no incentive to do the weeklys as i cant get the adventures

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    Having visiting test I find that for a player of my level I'm still being asked to run either 3 Storm or 3 Whirlwind or 3 Wisdoms or a Besieged, in fact off the top of my head the quests are the same as before. The only difference I noticed was that the final reward was reduced and that the sub quests give between 2-6 tokens. Not checked my live account yet but it appears that the total rewards have been increase by approximately 33%.
    I got the impression that the quests will not be changed at all, only the rewards and map availability. But yeah the current version running at test will be underwhelming for majority of the players even if they would add all the adventures to the shop for cheap cost :P

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannerheim View Post
    I got the impression that the quests will not be changed at all, only the rewards and map availability.
    That's how I read it too.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive

Reply to Thread