Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Notes: Improvements for Weekly Challenges

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    From a level 72 player's perspective those changes are nowhere near to the right direction. Come on BB - I didn't get to that level by giving away tons of resources and elite troops... just one example how stupid those quests look - i have to train 620 recruits, 75 cavalry, 415 Knights and 295 Armoured marksmen just to delegate them after that for that "huge" amount of experience - 42 000... just LOL. Tokens are not a must if you understand me - there are much more efficient and mostly cheaper ways to increase population limit. So those weekly challenges are neither weekly nor challenges...I would rather call them bad attempt for taking valuable resources from the players that have played hard to get them. And I agree with the players before me - IF weekly challenges are optional then WE DON'T NEED this big red exclamation mark to say that the quest (that we never wanted to start and do it) has failed... So in short - the proposed changes will not make me to start doing weeklies. You need drastic change if you want people to do them. I don't say make them easy. I say - make them reasonable.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Northisle
    I have looked for the new adventures in merchant on testserver - did not find any - which should be the new ones ?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Firstly, remove the ability to gem the quests so that people can no longer ''buy'' large lumps of xp. Then I will believe the quests are more than a resource sink and cash cow.

Next, remove all the coops from the quest chains. Why should one players achievement of a quest depend on the input of others? BB are the main ones fixated by coops having introduced them and seen little support for them and so need tp find ways to induce players to do them so that the dev time doesn't come into question by higher powers in the company.

Then, remove adventures from the quests which are not available at a sensible price in the merchant. I am happy to do any non-cooperative adventure from a LIST of more than one!!

Finally, remove the silly 'make x troops and donate y troops'. Who in their right mind would choose to massacre large numbers of troops for no purpose when they can use the same troops to gain the same, or more, xp for far lower losses of resources and elite barracks time?

The concept of the weeklies is admirable but the product is poorly thought through by people who seem to have little idea of what matters within the game.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan View Post
    Firstly, remove the ability to gem the quests so that people can no longer ''buy'' large lumps of xp. Then I will believe the quests are more than a resource sink and cash cow.

Next, remove all the coops from the quest chains. Why should one players achievement of a quest depend on the input of others? BB are the main ones fixated by coops having introduced them and seen little support for them and so need tp find ways to induce players to do them so that the dev time doesn't come into question by higher powers in the company.

Then, remove adventures from the quests which are not available at a sensible price in the merchant. I am happy to do any non-cooperative adventure from a LIST of more than one!!

Finally, remove the silly 'make x troops and donate y troops'. Who in their right mind would choose to massacre large numbers of troops for no purpose when they can use the same troops to gain the same, or more, xp for far lower losses of resources and elite barracks time?

The concept of the weeklies is admirable but the product is poorly thought through by people who seem to have little idea of what matters within the game.
    +1 in every way

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Asking them to remove X & Y gets you nothing if the replacements U & V are just as undesirable, what do you want to do to win the rewards ?
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    Asking them to remove X & Y gets you nothing if the replacements U & V are just as undesirable, what do you want to do to win the rewards ?
    They didn't ask that but happy to help.

1. Stays the same, remove the ability to gem the quests to pay for xp.
    2. Remove the coops and replace them with 3 x single/multi player adventures appropriate to player level. So lower levels might have to do a lost skull, a tropical sun and a dark priests. Top end players might have to do a vlt, a se, a sotv. Just as examples.
    3. Now they have to do more stretching adventures. So a traitors, nords, outlaws or a ywc, a beseiged, a sea snake. Depending of course on those adventures being available in the shop for a SENSIBLE number of map frags.
    4. Could be to make a certain amount of a suitable resource, even 2/3 different sorts, and then to donate exactly the same amount as they made.

There are loads of possibilities, just appears BB chose the stupidest.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    They didn't ask that but happy to help.

1. Stays the same, remove the ability to gem the quests to pay for xp.
    Why should this be removed? this game is not about competition. You could already buy the attack buffs too and use them in adventures to kill few easy sectors bosses and then cancel the adventure, by a stretch even the premium could be counted in the same category when talking about buying xp. Also what about the cases where people do the quest the regularly but once or twice a month hit a hard task and complete that part with the gems that they received for free from logins, excelsior, shop.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannerheim View Post
    Why should this be removed? this game is not about competition. You could already buy the attack buffs too and use them in adventures to kill few easy sectors bosses and then cancel the adventure, by a stretch even the premium could be counted in the same category when talking about buying xp. Also what about the cases where people do the quest the regularly but once or twice a month hit a hard task and complete that part with the gems that they received for free from logins, excelsior, shop.
    I see what you mean, so delete point 1. If people want to buy their way to level 75 so be it.

Incidentally, I visited test server and cannot see what has changed. The quests are still the same, just small stage payments of tokens.
    Last edited by lordloocan; 10.04.19 at 18:16.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Incidentally, I visited test server and cannot see what has changed. The quests are still the same, just small stage payments of tokens.
    In their post they only said that map availability will be improved, the token rewards increased and split partially to sub quests . Based on the post I would assume that they have no plans to do any other kind of changes until those mentioned ones have been running for months at live servers so they have enough analytics data to see how they affected the overall participation rate.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    I dont get why the co-ops should be removed,- they make people actually talk to each other again, and it is not really hard to find a spot for one in trade if you want. But why it has to be 3 of the same I dont get. I cant see why it is challenging to bore people. It is a game - would be nice if it was fun and not just a boring pass time habit.
    There was suggestions to use amount of exp gained in some kind of adv as a measure in quests. I like that idea. It is a measure of activity, rather than how much you will part with that will force you to be able to spent less time on being active in the game.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Reply to Thread