Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Thread: Easter Eent Quest bug

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Urd, I would have loved to have done the quests, if they'd ever become available
    Not looking for a freebie here, just with the limited time RL allowed me to play this event, completing the quest chains was the difference between getting the storehouse to L6 or remaining at L5 (or bizarrely L4 on 1 world which completed exactly the same achievements as the others).

Quote Originally Posted by BB_Torkav View Post
    A small gift package will be sent out to make up for the lost rewards
    hmm, and seeing as the shop is long closed, you know what I was aiming to purchase?
    Going to end up the same as winter event, duplicates of items I wasn't after and none of the ones I was striving for.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Oh and while we're on the subject of gift packages, still missing our 7th anniversary from January, and Queen's birthday/St Georges from April.
    The "celebration days" haven't been discontinued on other language versions, so why here?
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Nogbad View Post
    Urd, I would have loved to have done the quests, if they'd ever become available
    Not looking for a freebie here, just with the limited time RL allowed me to play this event, completing the quest chains was the difference between getting the storehouse to L6 or remaining at L5 (or bizarrely L4 on 1 world which completed exactly the same achievements as the others).

hmm, and seeing as the shop is long closed, you know what I was aiming to purchase?
    Going to end up the same as winter event, duplicates of items I wasn't after and none of the ones I was striving for.
    yes I Know that - that is why I wrote that this really is not a solution. The solution would have been to fix it when there was time. They cant solve it know, but only giving the ach to those who was bugged would have been better- but dont think they would want to bother - too much work. But if they did that the ach would still make sense to the rest of us.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Gift package has been sent

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    It is like getting something that you don't really need and cant to to shop and get refunded. I know that it is more or less what those who got cheated out of quest would have gotten from the quests. But for many of us it is just going to be added to more of the same stuff building up in star that we are never going to use, as it is more or less useless at high levels. It does not give me compensation for the time and effort I used to sent out explorers before event ended - none of which brought back any eggs.

Yes we got 5 days extra, but still. I am so tired of stuff not working as it should and as BB says it should. Hearing that it worked on other servers and that they even had timers that guided them to when explores could give eggs makes me mad.

I think you should consider lowering the price of gems to 50% or something on this server as it clearly does not come first when it comes to service and information.

I should be thankful for free stuff - well advertises in my mailbox is also free- I have a sign on my door so I don't get them, maybe I can have one here also - please don't give me stuff I am never going to use.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Torkav View Post
    Gift package has been sent
    Was this an apologize for something ?

probably something really light, as the gift

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    I see this issue has arisen again this year, 2020, and did so too in 2018, any chance of a fix before 2021?

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan View Post
    I see this issue has arisen again this year, 2020, and did so too in 2018, any chance of a fix before 2021?
    They could probably copy a player-profile with the bug to recreate the bug. But probably like mods in the help-chat think that it's not worth it cause the impact is so low, they speculated less than 5% of players. Also from a mod in the help-chat; fixing bugs, creates new bugs. Okey... That's how you fix stuff completely, or you didn't fix the initial bad code. I know bug-fixing is hard, but what are we paying gems for? It's just capitalistic arrogance. "Nah, we'll not fix our money cow, cause it's hard" Creating the game was probably hard, It's just ignorance thinking maintaining the game would be easy. To be honest, this stinks bad management.

Doing the hard work, fixing bugs and expanding the game would most likely increase player satisfaction, hence it's reputation and increasing active players. This game seems to be treated like a money cow that's less prioritized, seen from the outside. Well, people don't feel appreciated. I sure don't.

I enjoy the game, but for the last year, I've been here cause I've invested much time into the game, I'm proud of my island and it's been a habit of mine playing the game. Letting it go would be hard, this bug (and others) and the arrogance in the chat makes it so much easier. When I don't feel like the game-developers invest any time fixing bugs that have been there for 2 years, this being the third easter event it impacts, it stinks arrogance towards its players.

This is my last event, that's for sure.
    Thank you for many good years, it's time for me to move on.

Please watch the language
    Last edited by MOD_Daz; 19.04.20 at 07:12. Reason: I retire.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan View Post
    Be realistic. 2021 is too soon. Maybe around 2050, give or take a decade or so.....

World
    Northisle

Question The egg competition bug Easter event 2020

The egg competition doesnt start up and no count timer

https://imgur.com/oOSxYRW

Merged

Still no answer
    Last edited by Kumcats; 19.04.20 at 21:31.

Reply to Thread