Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Easter Eent Quest bug

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    http://prntscr.com/njilhq i have the timer on nfl
    i dont have it on north or sandy tho which is weird why the one and not the other 2?

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    so we lost again the easter quest chain??? i don't have timer active anymore...

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlequin1963 View Post
    Really helpful for anyone using Chrome or Chromium based browsers ( including new Edge )
    Clearing the Flash Player Cache does not affect those browsers.

see attachment

so we are being expected to constantly download at least 200MB of files to play this game.
    Please tell me, and I could imagine there are others - did it help you to clear cache? What I mean is did clearing the cache get you the preparations quests back ?
    It did not help me, and I have a hard time imagine that it should help anyone- so would really like to know.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    no countdown timer , either

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Sandycove
    Still not displaying correctly. I thought Maintenance was to fix this?

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosejane View Post
    Still not displaying correctly. I thought Maintenance was to fix this?
    It was for an issue, probably not this one !
    Last edited by Soupssss; 03.05.19 at 10:32.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post
    Please tell me, and I could imagine there are others - did it help you to clear cache? What I mean is did clearing the cache get you the preparations quests back ?
    It did not help me, and I have a hard time imagine that it should help anyone- so would really like to know.
    short answer = no
    long answer is that i am now using firefox as you can get the cache to cache all the large files , which isnt guaranteed with chrome/chromium based browsers because chrome has a max file limit and i cannot find a way to alter that figure ( i.e. a single file max size appears to be stuck at 25meg , way below the filesizes of the data files this game needs )

I believe the ''clear cache'' is just a last resort for support , as that will cause a redownload of all files , and at least 20 minutes for me to login again
    Last edited by Harlequin1963; 03.05.19 at 12:30.

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlequin1963 View Post
    short answer = no
    long answer is that i am now using firefox as you can get the cache to cache all the large files , which isnt guaranteed with chrome/chromium based browsers because chrome has a max file limit and i cannot find a way to alter that figure ( i.e. a single file max size appears to be stuck at 25meg , way below the filesizes of the data files this game needs )

I believe the ''clear cache'' is just a last resort for support , as that will cause a redownload of all files , and at least 20 minutes for me to login again
    The fix they posted has a commandline option tacked onto the chrome.exe that seems to tell chrome to start with a bigger cache. Duno fi that'll work?

25megs. A random number Google operates on I've found. They limit my gmail attachements to that size too.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowBlizz View Post
    The fix they posted has a commandline option tacked onto the chrome.exe that seems to tell chrome to start with a bigger cache. Duno fi that'll work?

25megs. A random number Google operates on I've found. They limit my gmail attachements to that size too.
    they supplied a fix to increase total cache size , but i cannot find a way in chrome to increase the max size for an individual file
    firefox has that ability

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Got a new one for you BB to add to this mess. After the most recent hotfix I got a new Easter quest chain on Northisle, my 3rd, and now have no waiting quest, presumably as I have done all the chains. Sandycove and Newfoundland I have the waiting quest as expected. yet all three worlds should have been identical.
    Last edited by lordloocan; 04.05.19 at 20:08.

Reply to Thread