Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Chat is out of control, BB if you can't control your game, say it!

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVictorious View Post
    Shorty, which not much talk, chat in game is out of control, no monitor and it is messed up, do something BB.

I'm pretty sure you will just give excuses, but the issue becomes really big, and you need to do something.
    We're on the same server, we've both been there for about 7 years. Imo, you're making up issues that aren't there.

It's extremely rare to see chat "out of control", and in these extremely rare cases, some mod is usually quick to stop it. Also, general chat can be silent for several hours between comments. Still you call this a really big issue? Stop exaggerating!

And btw, auto-ban based on reporting has been exploited enough in other games. Need an example to how to do that in this game?
    You're trying to sell a loot spot, someone is underbidding you, then you have all your guildies reporting him -> competition gone.

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    If you see a player violating rules in the public chat, please use the /report command:

/report username reason

Example:
    Player XYZ_123 is posting spam messages in the Help channel.
    The command should look like this:

/report XYZ_123 circulating spam in the help channel

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    BB_Torkav, do you have to do the report on the channel which you want to report or can it be in any channel?

World
    Newfoundland
    It can be done in any channel, I've done so many times.

LadyMcDeath
    auto bans are useless and so easy to get around. for example auto ban will not pick up "you are a complete merchant banker" for example. A mod would.

World
    Newfoundland
    why?
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

World
    Sandycove
    Is this about the dad jokes? I'll try to stop XD
    No seriously I'm on just about every day. I have never seen G1 out of control.

Autoban is a terrible idea and wide open to abuse.
    How about selling a lootspot then when someone buys it you autoban them hey?
    Oh sorry guv i couldnt communicate with them. So just didnt invite and sold lootspot to someone else.
    That is just one way off the top of me head. And im not very smart lol.

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Already got autoban, on single and the tedious album version.
    Honestly though, haven't seen this "out of control" chat the OP is referring to though, most nights lucky to see it use at all.
    Automatic banning on the say so of 1 player is a terible idea and wide open to abuse, present system on the whole works very well and is backed up with evidence.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrakkamani View Post
    ..No seriously I'm on just about every day. I have never seen G1 out of control.

Autoban is a terrible idea..
    Im on Sandycove just about every day my self. And I have never seen Global nor any other chats outta control!! Unless you consider caps on TO chat as a serous violation of chat rules

World
    Sandycove
    Ooh I don't know, There is a lot of loving going on, on Sandycove chat...all that hugging and kissing sometimes have to cover the dogs eyes.....there is also the Marmite debates, that can even make the MODs run for cover...proper hooligans in there some days
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

Reply to Thread