Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Chat is out of control, BB if you can't control your game, say it!

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove

Chat is out of control, BB if you can't control your game, say it!

Shorty, which not much talk, chat in game is out of control, no monitor and it is messed up, do something BB.

I'm pretty sure you will just give excuses, but the issue becomes really big, and you need to do something.

I can't give any suggestion, as most suggestions are not welcomed, but you may need to implement a reporting system that does auto-ban, like when player get some X reports in a certain time, the player should be banned automatically, like the system in Rainbow Six.

Report for Spam
    Report for Toxic
    Report for ToU

Something like that.
    The report should be available for G1/G3, help and trade channels.

Otherwise, you need to hire 24/7 MODs like other global games (which I can see it is impossible in your case)
    Last edited by TheVictorious; 21.04.19 at 19:22.
    Hello People

Raving Rabbid
    World
    Sandycove
    auto ban? good god that's a horrible idea. I don't see chat out of control. I see MODs stepping in (mostly) where needed and keeping an appropriate distance most of the time. I have to say I have found some moderation decisions questionable, and I have discussed those with BBs where necessary. Automatic bans though? definitely not the answer.
    HOTFIX!

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_B View Post
    auto ban? good god that's a horrible idea. I don't see chat out of control. I see MODs stepping in (mostly) where needed and keeping an appropriate distance most of the time. I have to say I have found some moderation decisions questionable, and I have discussed those with BBs where necessary. Automatic bans though? definitely not the answer.
    Why not? we live in AI age, and it is not like auto from the first guy report, or from the single guild (as they may ask a guild to report specific person).

And ban should be temporary until BB review it, or take a serious decision if necessary.
    Hello People

Raving Rabbid
    World
    Sandycove
    because anything automatic is wide open to abuse. Got a grudge against a player? get them banned! At least where there's a human moderator there is some discretion and judgement involved (mostly)
    HOTFIX!

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    What's wrong with you people?

On Northisle there's no need for anything like that.

Raving Rabbid
    World
    Sandycove
    IKR

I'm more curious as to why anyone feels chat is out of control. Dead maybe, not out of control.
    Last edited by Jim_B; 21.04.19 at 19:55.
    HOTFIX!

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    We already have a system for dealing with this, did you use it ?
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    We already have a system for dealing with this, did you use it ?
    you mean /report?
    if no mods around, it is useless, the point is to make an action for it or to make this as a part of the menu, also to make auto-action.
    Hello People

World
    Newfoundland
    i have used the report function many, many times
    in fact i just did
    the mods tend to be lurking in the shadows and then strike within seconds of that report
    never had any problems with chat
    Leader of The Hell Unleashed [THU] on Newfoundland
    Addicted to Settlers, coffee and chocolate, in that order

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    there is already a report feature in chat. Autoban is not needed. Think the way it works is if several players report 1 person that person gets an autoban then the mods will look and see if the ban is warrented or not.
    Mods dont always chat but their is usualy at least 1 monitoring chat at all times. If they see something wrong in chat they will ban a player temp as a warning. Prob is u might get a ban without being told why so u dont know u did something wrong.
    Some mods will warn u some will just put a ban on without any warning.

I got a chat ban without warning cause i was talking about recruiting new guild members and i didnt know that wasnt allowed in global. 1 player asked about joining a guild i told him my guild had a spot if he wanted it and i got a chat ban for it. no warning saying i cant do that.

Most mods r ok but some will do a chat ban for no apperent reason. so having autoban will just make things worse and ppl will just stop using chat which is mostly dead already.

Reply to Thread