Reply to Thread

Thread: lock adventures

Kolobok_Zaraza

lock adventures

due to most players' abuse of certain adventures, and full ignore mode on many, most other adventures...setup limits....say a player has to do 10 of each of certain adventures (pending on the player's level), before he/she can refresh the limit and be able to do them again by 10's...or 20's...
    this way game will be more diverse and challenging ...
    instead of many "wise" players just hammering 100s of some adv's, turning them from adventures into resources/xp factories

World
    Sandycove

sorry but I don't see what difference my choice of adventuring should make to anyone. You reap what you sow in this game, so if you want to spam a single addy and forego diversity, then it should be each players perogative.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    dont see the point
    the game is to be played how players want to
    so say they only wanna do loads of hb or woodys etc then that is their choice if your bored with doing same addy over and over just mix it up yourself
    and so what if players use addys to res/xp factories i thought that was the point of them

what do most of us do ????
    low level we tend to spam hb (i know i did)
    then we spam nords get up a few levels do sa they are all ways players level up with xp

then say like me i used to spam woodys to get easy xp and less losses

i think this would be a bad thing to add in the game and is no need for it

if players want to mix up the addys they do they will off their own back not by being forced to do it so no need to cap x amount to be able to do them again
    as to get ones done that dont normaly isnt that why they do seasonal addys so players can get more in events by doing say gp or sov etc etc?

i used to do sov for fun on my sandy account when i had about 3k pop room total and only tav gens in 2012 coz it had 30k xp or whatever and i didnt mind the losses
    but higher you get up in levels and the insane xp needed to level up so yeah we will do ones that are reaonable losses compared to xp/loot ratio

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Why? - and then should we be forced to do some of the adv we really don't like in order to do the ones we like ?
    This is a game,- people do it for fun. What is misuse of an adventure ?
    It is not because it is hard I never do VTV, BK WM or GP. I simply don't like them. If I was forced to do them instead of the ones I like I might simply stop playing.

When we have event people do the ones that pays best - that is not misuse.
    It could easily be made to be more interesting and challenging if BB want to bother do so.

Simply give bonus for doing 3 different adv. or 10. No need to force people to do anything. It is not the players that is the problem. The problem if there ever was one is the bonus on certain adventures instead of rewarding doing different ones.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    At some levels it is not easy to switch from one sort of adventure to others due to the constraints of what units you have as defined by your population max. Your effectively asking players as they level up to build cannons to run BK and then destroy those cannons as now they are only permitted to run adventures which need xbows, then after that destroy them to run cav based adventures.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolobok_Zaraza View Post
    due to most players' abuse of certain adventures, and full ignore mode on many, most other adventures...setup limits....say a player has to do 10 of each of certain adventures (pending on the player's level), before he/she can refresh the limit and be able to do them again by 10's...or 20's...
    instead of many "wise" players just hammering 100s of some adv's, turning them from adventures into resources/xp factories
    Abuse? I think not. I like some adventures, I dislike others. Some I simply will not play. Partly because of my preference in how I play, and partly because some adventure designs are truly awful.

I do have a limited amount of adventures I play regularly. But that's because I play the best ones, not the worst. Who would do anything else?
    However I do not seek to stop you playing them. Maybe you like them?

Arbratory requirements for playing or restricting adv will not work. This problem (if indeed there is one) should be addressed by making less adv that are rubbish. Maybe fix some of the ones we already have?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Newfoundland and Sandycove: Both level 49: I do WotS or DP as required by the guild quest. Other than that zero as these accounts aren't my main account.

Northisle: level 68: I play YWC, 2nd thief, ToW, the odd SLT. Rest can go in the bin as they don't give sufficient xp for the time spent.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolobok_Zaraza View Post
    complete nonsense.

There are 2 reasons why people spam specific adventures :

- flat reward structure that streamlines the content into being XP factory, because the game doesnt have enything else to offer
    - complete and utter imbalance of the content that result in some adventures being an order of magnitude better than others.

Either of those two are tied to design choices BB has made and didnt bother to correct for almost a decade. Punishing players for this kind of choices and/ or negligence is complete absurd.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    It's a game. To me, that means it's meant to be fun. And part of the fun is doing the adventures I like to do, not being forced to do an adventure I don't enjoy. I am glad the game gives me the choice, and don't understand why anyone would want to limit peoples' ability to choose.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    As sparkz already pointed out... It's a matter of balance. They could implement a strict rule or restriction on how many addies one is able to do, but it's just a cheap "fix" to an underlying problem. If adventures were more balanced, diversity in doing them would follow naturally. Of course, some will always be better than other, but still.

But I understand how crazy it might get - a lot of adventures and a lot of different players with different playstyles, generals etc... I highly doubt such a massive change will take place. Or if it will, how good and thought through it's actually going to be.

Reply to Thread