Closed Thread

Thread: Chat bans only in global channels

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland

Chat bans only in global channels

While I personally have only been subject to a single couple day chat ban, I have a couple guild members that were perma chat banned.

Sadly this also includes guild chat and whispers, leaving players with no way to communicate except mail which is really detrimental to the gameplay.

Whether the perma chat ban was justified or not, this is paramount to just losing that player as well.
    My suggestion would be as followed: Have chat bans include all GLOBAL channels only. If guilds are displeased with their members they can always just choose to kick that member.

Eggcellent Essayist Mortallicus's Avatar
    World
    Northisle
    + 1 no more chat bans to affect guild chat. Though I am not so sure about whispers these are hidden and reliant upon a member/player making a complaint, which is something we know to our Guild's cost does not happen, they either just go to another guild without explanation or worse leave the game entirely. It is rare thankfully.

It can be hard to draw a fair line whether chat is Pegi7 or not, bearing in mind that many words used acceptably by children can have a rude meaning for Adult eyes. I have to wonder if children have been banned from this game for not realising what they have said. I am an adult and yet use some of these words in their innocent meaning much to the delight of some of my friends

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    You have failed to win a convert to your cause.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Thanks for the insightful comments Dorotheus.

Note, that this is not me lamenting that once, a long time ago I got a temp ban for posting a link, I have no problem with that.

However the lockout from guild chat in addition, especially for those permabanned for whatever reason to global channels feels too hefty for me.
    Guilds are perfectly capable of policing themselves.

World
    Sandycove
    I had a guild colleague permabanned a long time ago and said to Ravel at the time could the chat ban not be lifted for guild chat?

The answer was that the chat server was not at that time able to differentiate between them all, so Im guessing there is your answer.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    As TheJollyOne has pointed out, it is not possible to seperate the channels in the fashion requested. Once a chat ban is given, it is a ban from the chat server.

For anyone that has been here long enough to remember, in the past a chat ban would also prevent you from trading. But that was changed as it was affecting gameplay.

I am now closing this thread as discussions of bans is not permitted on the forums.

Closed Thread