Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Summer event on test server

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotugo View Post
    I suspect when some people say they want everything, they just mean all the stuff they have an interest in rather than the whole event category inventory. Some of the lower level buildings and old geos/generals are no longer worth buying for players who have been around for a long time as they do not get used. They are no use to new players either though as they are priced too high and buying one would reduce your chances of getting one of the newer better versions.

The issue is the way the scales have gradually changed from:

Being able to get everything in a week with little effort.
    Being able to get everything during the event with little effort.
    Being able to get everything during the event with tons of effort.
    Being able to get almost everything during the event with tons of effort.
    Being able to get some of whats on offer with tons of effort.
    Being able to get little of whats on offer with tons of effort.

and eventually it will become

Only managing to get one thing with tons of effort.
    Not managing to get anything useful no matter how much effort.

They should be reducing the prices on older stuff which is not useful anymore, things like watermills/silos/200 generals/vet generals, but with the way the floating residence price was increased despite a newer floating residence being added is a sign they might be planning to hike the prices on everything.

It's up to the developers how they want to run the game, but a lot of the player base has likely stuck around due to this not being one of those pay to win games, up until recently everything was attainable with effort without having to buy huge amounts of gems.
    Yes - I see you get the picture.
    There is just that - who will bother to put in a lot of effort when we get to being able to get some or one thing with a ton of effort?

Already the number of players are dropping rapidly and many are only playing for events. It is not us who try to make BB see sense who are shooting ourselves in the foot - it is BB.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Soupssss View Post
    And adventure outlaws drop 11 ball which is the highest.. apart from high level ventures...

Is this a joke ?
    No it's not a joke, it's a failure ask certain questions about the source of the information. Simply put the adventure drops listed on the first few days after the event appears on test are the drops from a previous event and not the current one. As that source gathers information on the current drops the list is revised, quite often the revision continues into the first week of the event on the live servers.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    No it's not a joke, it's a failure ask certain questions about the source of the information. Simply put the adventure drops listed on the first few days after the event appears on test are the drops from a previous event and not the current one. As that source gathers information on the current drops the list is revised, quite often the revision continues into the first week of the event on the live servers.
    outlaws does drop 11 or 18 i played on the test server plus a few other adventures the drops was the same as listed last year

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    Looking at the prices ............. and drops ............ not even sure I want to play this game. It's getting too much. Keep events playable. Don't turn it into a too obvious money grab. This is miles away from the good game TSO once used to be.

Please watch the language on the forums
    Last edited by MOD_Daz; 20.05.19 at 10:06.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    I get the feeling many here forget that the summer event is live on the TEST server. And that everything can be subject to change.

Give feedback, but don't jump to conclusions yet.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgwyn View Post
    I get the feeling many here forget that the summer event is live on the TEST server. And that everything can be subject to change.

Give feedback, but don't jump to conclusions yet.
    I get the feeling many here forget that on previous events on TEST, BB don't care about what players have said.. And event come in LIVE server with already known bugs...

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by rosee View Post
    As I see the adventures drop is up to 8 times lower for this one.
    Yes I saw that too but didnt want to sound too negative and the 8 times I think comes from no x2 bonus on the summer event.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    Did you lot even stop and think that it's not just what is being said but also who is doing the saying what counts. You lot are shooting yourselves in the foot.
    Yes I did think to stay quiet and just leave. Clearly these prices and drops are a management decision (no developer can get them this wrong as a balancing decision) and no amount of screaming is going to get them to the acceptable levels we are used to. Still I thought it not fair to abandon my fellow players and try one last time to get a fairer deal.
    I guess best we can get is x2 bonuses and some coop bonuses and maybe if the sound really raises the roof like 10% reduction of new item prizes. Still nowhere near the very hard Easter event and light years away from what we are used to but still something right?
    For me the preferred option now is to leave this game so nothing I say can be shooting myself in the foot. Management clearly thinks this is the endgame and vast majority of the players will not stick around for whatever happens after flash support ends. This in turn will mean closing down the game. Interesting thing in this are the developers. I wonder who are they trying to kid here? Us or themselves. Management decisions like these will mean game will close down anyway even if there is a viable option to keep playing after the "end of flash". And since they have announced they only know flash where will they get a new job?

Quote Originally Posted by Kotugo View Post
    I suspect when some people say they want everything, they just mean all the stuff they have an interest in rather than the whole event category inventory. Some of the lower level buildings and old geos/generals are no longer worth buying for players who have been around for a long time as they do not get used. They are no use to new players either though as they are priced too high and buying one would reduce your chances of getting one of the newer better versions.

The issue is the way the scales have gradually changed from:

Being able to get everything in a week with little effort.
    Being able to get everything during the event with little effort.
    Being able to get everything during the event with tons of effort.
    Being able to get almost everything during the event with tons of effort.
    Being able to get some of whats on offer with tons of effort.
    Being able to get little of whats on offer with tons of effort.

and eventually it will become

Only managing to get one thing with tons of effort.
    Not managing to get anything useful no matter how much effort.

They should be reducing the prices on older stuff which is not useful anymore, things like watermills/silos/200 generals/vet generals, but with the way the floating residence price was increased despite a newer floating residence being added is a sign they might be planning to hike the prices on everything.

It's up to the developers how they want to run the game, but a lot of the player base has likely stuck around due to this not being one of those pay to win games, up until recently everything was attainable with effort without having to buy huge amounts of gems.
    This old stuff vs new stuff might apply to halloween and easter but it does not apply to summer event and probably xmas. Majority of the stuff is new and even old stuff is still very useful (for ex Lucky explorer).
    Problem is new stuff is unrealistically priced and the earning possibilities are from the time it cost you 10+ times less to buy "everything" in the event shop. And to clarify: no I dont think a player should be able to buy everything (but if you go full robot and play 10h a day whole event it should be possible).
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Michelle25
    I have just 1 suggestion about incoming football event. I see many flags will be in merchant, but try to check all the countries from which players are... for me Slovenia, please. I think many of the players will agree with me (also those, who won't comment here). If not this year, try to do for next year. Many thx.
    M

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Well, i came back from a break, to just get in the easter event, and now with the football event prospects it's clear what is the BB objective.

Milk as much as possible until imminent doom, the thing i really like on TSO was the possibility of by putting a LOT you could get everything, even as a new player, at the same time that older players get a easier time due to already had worked hard in the past.

Sadly to see it happen, but it won't be the first game to do it, and won't be the last.

Reply to Thread