Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Weekly Quests - Bit of a waste

World
    Newfoundland
    I think it would be much better if it said complete 3 x of type. IE 3 Ali Baba or 3 x FT . But I wish they would drop co - op . its hard enough to do one let alone find time for 3 of them.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Kriegor View Post
    I think it would be much better if it said complete 3 x of type. IE 3 Ali Baba or 3 x FT . But I wish they would drop co - op . its hard enough to do one let alone find time for 3 of them.
    Ok so I see these kind of suggestions constantly so probably again a time to explain how BB_Alex came to this system of list of 1. Install extra palms and faces and prepare to connect them.

So on Test people suggested same as you and BB_Alex said that this kind of list would be too different in difficulty and cant be implemented. Then people suggested narrower criteria for lists. BB_Alex said that those kind of lists would be too different in difficulty and cant be implemented. Then i suggested to only use adventures of the same difficulty. BB_Alex said that adventures of the same difficulty are too different in difficulty and so that cant be implemented. So basically only the current variant is possible and thats it.
    How did he determine the difficulty of adventures? Made a formula that took the average time of completion of an adventure over some time. Which obviously includes stuff like some people leaving for a week etc. How this kind of formula can deliver any kind of reliable and that precise results is beyond me. For example how it delivers results that in some level ranges all adventures have to be played twice and in the next three times. All the while remember even same difficulty level adventures are too different to interchange! It doesnt take into account availability of adventures. It doesnt take into account number of players in adventure. It doesnt take into account troop losses. Possible use of buffs. ETC.
    I support BB_Alex and this is probably his only big mistake but the fact that he still refuses to see that other factors are 10 times bigger than any differences inside a difficulty level can ever be is just mind-boggling.
    So there. Thats why we cant have a list of more than 1. Because once upon a time we took on average 3 days 8 hours 23 minutes and 12 seconds to complete a second thief and 3 days 8 hours 46 minutes 56 seconds to complete a first thief.

Disclaimer: Im writing this from memory and since at the time when it happened it felt like banging my head against the wall and that hurt my brain I tried to forget it ever happened so things might not be 100% accurate.

Oh and leaving the best for last: we also suggested that the difficulty be set to "the difficulty of the one and only possible adventure" or higher. Obviously that cannot work either.
    Last edited by topgearfan; 31.05.19 at 12:21.
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    u dont have to do these weekly challenges to complete the game. i have never done 1 and have no issue with them.

If bb want to waste their time developing content that a few lower players will use and then give up at higher level, then why not? They have to justify their wages somehow.

Reply to Thread