Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Weekly Quests - Bit of a waste

ChapterIX

Weekly Quests - Bit of a waste

Hi,

I've just been running the numbers, and taking into account the cost of units used for each adventure and the value of other bits and bobs for each phase @ level 65:

Town Construction 14088gc
    Archaeological Excavation 63737gc
    Epidemic 23143gc
    Kingdom Defence 10699gc

The huge cost is Storm Recovery, as the Grout costs a fortune. I think this should be switched for a different scenario, or something like the Young Woodcutter. In addition, I think having to donate x2 the amount of resources is unreasonable x1 should be the cap.

The tokens are great, the xp isnt worth the cost of the materials used.

Just my own experience at level 65, i'll probably be forced to quit them completely at 66-75 as the costs will increase by around about 25-33%?

CIX
    Last edited by ChapterIX; 28.05.19 at 15:02.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    Storm recovery needs fixing rather than replacing, the reward does not fit the cost. I would love to hear a developer response on how the current state of it is justified.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Show me the numbers.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    I've never done them, can't see the point

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    ChapterIX, do the same for 66+

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by ChapterIX View Post
    The huge cost is Storm Recovery, as the Grout costs a fortune. I think this should be switched for a different scenario, or something like the Young Woodcutter. In addition, I think having to donate x2 the amount of resources is unreasonable x1 should be the cap.
    You're missing the point, those werent made to make sense economically, they were made to "force" you to spend the excessive resources you should have by now in exchange for something questionably useful.

For the same reason youre forced to spend nonsensical amounts of elite units for no apparent reason other than "the quest says so".

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkz View Post
    You're missing the point, those werent made to make sense economically, they were made to "force" you to spend the excessive resources you should have by now in exchange for something questionably useful.

For the same reason youre forced to spend nonsensical amounts of elite units for no apparent reason other than "the quest says so".
    Although it may not make direct economy sense, which in this case is perfectly OK, it still needs to make at least market sense. What's the use of an item if hardly anybody is willing to pay the price required? However exclusive the item is, if it doesn't sell at given price, reduce the price or improve the item sold.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Norton_C View Post
    However exclusive the item is, if it doesn't sell at given price, reduce the price or improve the item sold.
    Noone is selling anything to you, you either do the quests or you dont, BB is not capitalizing on you doing them.

If its another piece of content noone will use in the long run - big deal, its not the first case and certainly not the last.

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    Noone is selling anything to you, you either do the quests or you dont, BB is not capitalizing on you doing them.

If its another piece of content noone will use in the long run - big deal, its not the first case and certainly not the last.
    It is a trade within the game. Weather BB get's real money for it is completely irrelevant in this case. The mechanics are similar to RL trades.

World
    Newfoundland

They are selling the gems you can complete the quests with.

Dunno about that. If a really low number of people use it it absolutely should be changed. Im not even talking "noone" here, more like under 10% of active players have completed 1 quest in a month. Level ranges should be judged separately as they are unbalanced atm.
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Reply to Thread