Closed Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Flash ending in 2020

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Never got the client to work right - besides it requires people to install stuff. How many are sneaking in to play on work computers ?
    And how many keep playing a little still - even if we are bored with the game - because of the chat. So I think for me - not chat no game.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    I really can't understand why TSO has not already been migrated to HTML5. The TSO project has until the end of 2020 to pull their socks up.

"Adobe Systems said Tuesday that it plans to stop improving and distributing its Flash player by the end of 2020." which would suggest it cannot be downloaded after.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    It doesn't work on Wine (Linux) either

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by qawpaw View Post
    worked on steam too ,
    witch is the same as downloadable client
    Steam will create a new account so you need to start over again from level 1, good luck with that.
    Hello People

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Ammy75 View Post
    I really can't understand why TSO has not already been migrated to HTML5.
    If you consider the fact that BB in all their ineptitude managed to give you an opportunity of getting more than 1000€ worth of ingame currency thats essentially free if youre patient enough via the gem pits, you can bank on the game making next to no money.

You can tell theyre unwilling to spend literally anything on this game based alone on the fact that almost all of the new content is bugged in some way, its evident it was never tested and in some cases they arent even in a hurry to fix it.

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkz View Post
    If you consider the fact that BB in all their ineptitude managed to give you an opportunity of getting more than 1000€ worth of ingame currency thats essentially free if youre patient enough via the gem pits, you can bank on the game making next to no money.

You can tell theyre unwilling to spend literally anything on this game based alone on the fact that almost all of the new content is bugged in some way, its evident it was never tested and in some cases they arent even in a hurry to fix it.
    You are under estimatting how much people spend on gems. On my small to medium guild alone we have lots of people buying gems. And i know a lot more that do. If BB wouldn't be making money with the game it would have been shut down already, look at what happened to Anno online.

Currently BB is making the new settlers game and i bet that's what their focus is now, if that game happens to be good and re-egnite some the settlers fever we might end up seeing a rework of tso down the line if not, the game will shut down before the end of the year. They can try hide it as much as they want but it's cristal clear.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanfas View Post
    You are under estimatting how much people spend on gems.
    Yea I certainly overestimate how intelligent people are, spending money on a poor quality product they could partially get for free.

Also given the history of the game seems like some people apparently have issues treating themselves with amount of respect a paying customer deserves (which by the way is one of the only things I think is keeping the game afloat; if people had the decency to walk away after ie. not being unable to play the game because of some untested changes went through and broke the game, we wouldnt have to have this conversation)

World
    Northisle
    how do you think companies like EA trive? People are stupid... lol

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanfas View Post
    Currently BB is making the new settlers game and i bet that's what their focus is now, if that game happens to be good and re-egnite some the settlers fever we might end up seeing a rework of tso down the line if not, the game will shut down before the end of the year. They can try hide it as much as they want but it's cristal clear.
    Exactly - anyone thinking TSO will still be going after 2020 is deluding themselves, irrespective of what BB are claiming in here. IIRC, they said the same thing about Anno Online (which I enjoyed more than TSO) & then pulled the plug on it. It's why I've lost all faith in BB, stopped playing TSO & won't be buying any of their products again.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    For me the client isn't a workable solution. Chrom is default browser, if I launch the game in Chrome it fails to properly load with an error at about the point it goes to show the island. If I run Incognito mode it works fine. Yes, tried twice with useless support to resolve, no such luck. I downloaded the client, tried to run game, exactly the same point of failure as Chrome. So for me, game dies December

Closed Thread