Closed Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Flash ending in 2020

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Adobe updated various pages related to Flash last month. Not only will the support end at the end of the year but the availability will be gone as they will remove the download links and it will be fully removed from other automatic systems like Windows update. On top of that there will be no way to use the flash player to run any content after the end date that unless you are a enterprise customer with a custom support plan. On some site it was speculated mentioned that there is a built in time lock or a server query that will happen after that date and will block the content. This would mean that the Slim browser will not work either unless you use a cracked/tampered version of the Flash runtime.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    So, basically, game dies?

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    joeonthego without no updates from ubisoft/bb ,, i myself will be leaving as i can't go through the same as what happend with anno again : they say no news is good news, in this case it different as the security of your computer is paramount which seems to be a miss with both of them ,,

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Yeah BB has previously said that the Slim browser will be the alternative solution after 2020 but that no longer seems like a possibility after the recent Adobe posts. For any other kind of working solution they have said they are looking into them but that has been now said for over 3-5 years without any kind of hopeful information being ever shared. Less than 6 months left and by now they could have had at least share a blog post of possible alternatives they are actually looking into like many other companies did after the original Adobe announcement 2-3 years ago.

It just seems that they know they have hit the end of the road but cannot admit it in public because it would cut all further gem sales down to zero and kill further new player acquisition.

Here is one of the recent Adobe pages https://www.adobe.com/products/flash...d-of-life.html

BB has officially said no to the 2. point several times.

qawpaw
    well christmas event cannot be played into the new year then,
    what a sad thing.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannerheim View Post
    Yeah BB has previously said that the Slim browser will be the alternative solution after 2020 but that no longer seems like a possibility after the recent Adobe posts. For any other kind of working solution they have said they are looking into them but that has been now said for over 3-5 years without any kind of hopeful information being ever shared. Less than 6 months left and by now they could have had at least share a blog post of possible alternatives they are actually looking into like many other companies did after the original Adobe announcement 2-3 years ago.

It just seems that they know they have hit the end of the road but cannot admit it in public because it would cut all further gem sales down to zero and kill further new player acquisition.

Here is one of the recent Adobe pages https://www.adobe.com/products/flash...d-of-life.html

BB has officially said no to the 2. point several times.
    yeah and the milking of gems points to that the one on now is the 3rd in 2 weeks ....I remember when it was weeks to months apart now it's weekly ...and it's a shame they couldnt be open and honest

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Ok, I don't understand something, can someone explain it?
    I have flash player on my computer, I use slim browser. If TSO servers running, I can play for years.

BB break the rules if servers will run after 2020? Why TSO servers must shut down at New Year's Eve?
    The flash player will be eliminate itself? OS won't load activex?
    Last edited by LittleP; 03.07.20 at 12:25.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleP View Post
    Ok, I don't understand something, can someone explain it?
    I have flash player on my computer, I use slim browser. If TSO servers running, I can play for years.

BB break the rules if servers will run after 2020? Why TSO servers must shut down at New Year's Eve?
    The flash player will be eliminate itself? OS won't load activex?
    No the servers don't have to be closed and BB will not be breaking any rules even if the game continues. One of the problems is that how many people will be able to play after 2020 so it is profitable to keep the servers running. They will not run the servers for a low number of people if only few buy gems and staff/server costs are more than gem sales.

Another issue is Flash. It will be removed from all browsers. Slim browser does not work on linux or newest macos. On top of that Flash will not be available and it might have a built in time lock/server check for 2021. It is also against all recommendations to even use Flash after that date and some people will have no choice but to follow that guideline.

Will Adobe make previous versions of Adobe Flash Player available for download after 2020?

No. Adobe will be removing Flash Player download pages from its site and Flash-based content will be blocked from running in Adobe Flash Player after the EOL Date. Adobe always recommends using the latest, supported and up-to-date software. Customers should not use Flash Player after the EOL Date since it will not be supported by Adobe.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Thx! That is mean I need to download an older version of flash (that is not include blocking code) if I want to play with TSO in the next year? :S
    Last edited by LittleP; 03.07.20 at 16:09.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleP View Post
    Thx! That is mean I need to download an older version of flash (that is not include blocking code) if I want to play with TSO in the next year? :S
    Probably. But then again it does not matter if some people find alternative unofficial ways to play if not everyone will do the same. Lots of people will quit playing and then they will close the game servers. BB needs to make an easy and official way to play or it's game over.

Closed Thread