Closed Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Flash ending in 2020

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Can you explain what happened with Anno Online? Same situation was like here? Unusually many innovation very frequently before the end?

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleP View Post
    Can you explain what happened with Anno Online? Same situation was like here? Unusually many innovation very frequently before the end?
    Bear in mind this is from memory & the Anno website has, not surprisingly, disappeared. BB at the time went to great lengths to assure the player-base that it was situation normal for Anno & then they pulled the plug. It died on 31-Jan 2018 with little more than a whimper. The only thing I really remember was BB pushing their MTx store (rubies, IIRC) right up to the end! The game itself actually died the year before, when it entered maintenance mode - but BB still claimed (publicly, at least) that all was fine. The only difference this time around is the underlying technology that makes STO possible is being dumped by anyone/everyone. But the outcome is the same & the noises being made by BB are the same.

I just wish they could be straight with people, they are losing loyal supporters simply because they are treating them like idiots. Typical AAA practice, as it transpires - treat your customers with contempt .. the 'Whales' will continue to keep us afloat & sod the rest.

World
    Northisle
    "official" response in Twitter

https://twitter.com/TSO_UK/status/1226771172697804801

hi Tina, We can confirm that we do NOT plan to end our game. At this moment we're testing Flash alternatives, to choose the one suiting best to our game. Once the decision is made, it will be announced with instructions. Thank you for your patience.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    What does it mean "At this moment we're testing Flash alternatives"

Settlers client browser an alternatives too? I hope not

qawpaw
    well we are close to 6 month away so it would be nice to finally get som updates, i am holding my wallet closed,
    because of the lag of info from you BB, that is not alright to keep us in suspense that long,
    all we have got is the same lame answer for more than 2 years now.
    or we might as well close our accounts.

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Sandycove
    Yes, some info would be nice. I was looking at last gem sale, as I have some things I would like to buy for my island, if I knew that the game would continue to run after 2020.

But as it is, I am not spending anything on Settlers Online.

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    is anyone using their mini game app at all?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragavon View Post
    Yes, some info would be nice. I was looking at last gem sale, as I have some things I would like to buy for my island, if I knew that the game would continue to run after 2020.

But as it is, I am not spending anything on Settlers Online.
    I am exactly the same pick up my card yesterday then put it down again have no issues spending money on a game i enjoy but i do have issue throwing money away if i cant get to enjoy it

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Same here, no info equals no cash spent. Give us some honest information and you might make a few more euros BB.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan View Post
    Same here, no info equals no cash spent. Give us some honest information and you might make a few more euros BB.
    So your issue here is that you refuse to believe what they have already told us, yet you want them to tell you more. I can only see one way to resolve this quandary and that is to wait until after development of flash has ceased.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Closed Thread