Closed Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Flash ending in 2020

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannerheim View Post
    Probably. But then again it does not matter if some people find alternative unofficial ways to play if not everyone will do the same. Lots of people will quit playing and then they will close the game servers. BB needs to make an easy and official way to play or it's game over.
    Reminds me when lords of ultima closed online they didnt give much notice on that and all in game currency had to be used up or lost...they have had years to sort this heck even zynga farmville i believe have adapted .....but all we get is they are not closing the game that may be true but no alternative answers have been given so all we can do is speculate from what we can find...cant tell me that hasnt hurt sales prob why we get so many gem sales now.... I have spent thousands on this game and would spend more if i knew it had a few more years self life ...but I do know if we get done over i will never spend a penny on one of their games again ..now that's only a small drop in a vast ocean but i wont be alone in that thinking
    Last edited by ginny31; 03.07.20 at 21:31.

qawpaw
    they are theft at this moment selling gems like they do

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    i hope that you guys at development take a consideration for mac users and chromebook users, i play in chromebrowser on my chromebook, and not planning to buy a windowslaptop just for the settlers game, don take this the wrong way, i am addicted to this game, but when i can play on my mac or my chromebook, i'll have to find another hobby, just a shame for all the money i put in

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    will am playing forge of empires again for a temporary see how i get on with as they seem to listen to their customer base and implemented html5 ,, just goes to show with the lack of no reply how the devs have no respect,, am pretty sure am gonna post on every game forum am registered to, see if we can boycott both ubisoft and bluebyte like we did with code masters and their shocking tactics ...

A simple update with anything would be great

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord6Smeg View Post
    will am playing forge of empires again for a temporary see how i get on with as they seem to listen to their customer base and implemented html5 ,, just goes to show with the lack of no reply how the devs have no respect,, am pretty sure am gonna post on every game forum am registered to, see if we can boycott both ubisoft and bluebyte like we did with code masters and their shocking tactics ...

A simple update with anything would be great
    Trafffer has stated in global a couple of times over the last few days that they will let us know when they have something to tells us beyond what we have been told in the past.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    Trafffer has stated in global a couple of times over the last few days that they will let us know when they have something to tells us beyond what we have been told in the past.
    am not at all having a go at u Dorotheus so please don't think i am

Ubisoft bluebyte are not very good at communication just look at past history have they learned anything nope ,, so unless something gets mentioned on both here or their facegay page then i will believe ..

many many months a mod said their where flying pigs don't mean to say i have to believe it again on past history like Anno

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Some news for BB_Traffer on the .net forum:
    "We can confirm that we do NOT plan to end our game. At this moment we're testing Flash alternatives, to choose the one suiting best to our game. Once the decision is made, it will be announced with instructions. Thank you for your patience" It's our TWEET from February.

Once there is any update, I will post it."

Maybe this will bring some rest in this discussion.

qawpaw
    i don't see any reason to boycott them, only children in a kindergarten behave that way

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatooine View Post
    Some news for BB_Traffer on the .net forum:
    "We can confirm that we do NOT plan to end our game. At this moment we're testing Flash alternatives, to choose the one suiting best to our game. Once the decision is made, it will be announced with instructions. Thank you for your patience" It's our TWEET from February.

Once there is any update, I will post it."

Maybe this will bring some rest in this discussion.
    It does not as it's from February. Actually it makes things just look more alarming as it's now almost 6 months from that tweet and they were doing the same thing they were doing 2 years ago which is looking for an alternative. At this point of the year as EOL is here in 5 months you should no longer be looking for alternatives but already implementing them as they should be tested and production ready shape in November. Some browsers will remove the support in early December as developers leave for holidays. I say November because they also have to deploy the new solution to Steam and to all servers if it requires more changes than just a new download. At the moment the Slim browser does not even support the Ubisoft login properly but they have not updated it.

Regardless if they have it ready or not there should have been a blog post of what have they picked as their solution or what options they are even looking at as they have clearly said HTML5 will never happen. Two of our guild members with join dates from 2012 just quit the game now in this event due lack of communication and as it looks like the game has no solid future.
    Last edited by Mannerheim; 09.07.20 at 20:03.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by qawpaw View Post
    i don't see any reason to boycott them, only children in a kindergarten behave that way
    u feel that way if you want, its not being like a kid ,, i feel differently tbh the only way big company's like this actually listen is through sales MONEY talks on games likes this ,, no point in moaning , making complaints ,, if nothing is done i certainly won't being playing anything ubisoft bluebyte related BUT i will make my feelings heard evan no their is plenty of other games out their.

Closed Thread