Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary: Summer Event 2019

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Producer View Post
    Let me correct this for you:

"We made a mistake, we don't want to admit it or to correct it.
    Let's abuse the mistake to make more money... push them to gems
    We are officially limiting game progress now. Only few people who pay for gems can have real progress... forget the freemium stuff"

You are welcome for the fix...

edit: I don't remember any other case where you needed event currency (which goes away at the removal of the event) to upgrade a building...
    Technically I would include the Xmas Market as a building which can only be upgraded with event currency.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Let me correct this for you:

"We made a mistake, we don't want to admit it or to correct it.
    Let's abuse the mistake to make more money... push them to gems
    We are officially limiting game progress now. Only few people who pay for gems can have real progress... forget the freemium stuff"

You are welcome for the fix...

edit: I don't remember any other case where you needed event currency (which goes away at the removal of the event) to upgrade a building...
    No one is forced to use Gems for this upgrade. You can use Footballs available during the Event and not pay a single Gem.

The Settlers Online is a strategy game that requires you to plan your actions to get the best results. If you decide not to do it and suddently find yourself with too few Footballs to upgrade the building, this is not a fault of the game's design.

The Gem option is an emergency option. It is not necessary to use it in order to upgrade the building fully.

World
    Newfoundland
    The upgrade cost of footballs is in the dev diary. If you look at the gem costs for levels you see that this level has a lower cost compared to others no doubt designed to make this upgrade more acceptable outside of event time.
    The "splitting" of cost of event resource over levels is BB helping the players not punishing them. Obviously the building would have cost 6995 footballs up front if the later level didnt have the 1000 football cost. This way you can get the building cheaper at first and more can afford it. This model would have also been used with the storage tower but for some incomprehensible reason players complained about it at test so now we ended up with live version that costs 500 footballs more initially.

I argue that there is plenty of time to gather 1000 footballs through trade before the event deactivation.

There is also third option that has much lower gem cost. Combine the 2 options. Gather what you can buy the rest with gems from event shop. Even if you manage to gather 0 the gem cost will be 796. Quite affordable.
    Last edited by topgearfan; 17.07.19 at 09:47.
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Torkav View Post

The Settlers Online is a strategy game that requires you to plan your actions to get the best results
    You finaly admit it !

We need to know ALL the changes your are going to make.
    You have to tell us what you do, and you have to do what you tell us.

We need a list a all bug to be able to play normaly... "to plan our actions to get the best results"

Thank you by advance.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Soupssss View Post
    You finaly admit it !

We need to know ALL the changes your are going to make.
    You have to tell us what you do, and you have to do what you tell us.

We need a list a all bug to be able to play normaly... "to plan our actions to get the best results"

Thank you by advance.
    You have to get off your high horse and demanding smurfs jump coz you tell them to.
    all you do is moan moan moan about nothing thats really important there is loads of us that enjoy the game yea it has bugs. So what

maybe you should listen to this advice

Quote Originally Posted by Elco View Post
    You know, nobody forces you to play this game but if you choose to play it, then accept its limitations instead of making a fuss about nothing every single time!

Take a deep breath, go outside while the sun is shining and relax dude! You're stressing yourself about non-life threatening details here...

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by topgearfan View Post
    This model would have also been used with the storage tower but for some incomprehensible reason players complained about it at test so now we ended up with live version that costs 500 footballs more initially.
    that's a better model... At least I know in advance the total cost of event resources and I don't have to read the entire change log to identify that in level 8 of one building i need extra to upgrade it.

also... consistency ... since BB decided on changing the model for the storage tower... should have implemented the same decision for the residence... whatever

Quote Originally Posted by topgearfan View Post
    I argue that there is plenty of time to gather 1000 footballs through trade before the event deactivation.
    maybe for hard core players
    this is not true for casual players

Anyway, this thread about feedback to BB (the game developer) and not an argument between players.
    My feedback: it is a mistake to require event resources to upgrade a building.
    Last edited by Producer; 17.07.19 at 13:17.

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    that's a better model... At least I know in advance the total cost of event resources and I don't have to read the entire change log to identify that in level 8 of one building i need extra to upgrade it.
    The information about additional Footballs required for the upgrades is displayed when you click the building in the merchant.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Torkav View Post
    The information about additional Footballs required for the upgrades is displayed when you click the building in the merchant.
    vague and misleading (information)

It also assumes that people know the upgrade details of the previous Wondrous Residence (from Easter Event 2019).

also... inconsistent with the model for the other buildings

nice job BB

so: either tokens or normal resources/currency for future designs. no event resources as an upgrade requirement.

Ps: Up Votes are going higher! We have now 1.784
    Last edited by Producer; 17.07.19 at 13:33.

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland

It also assumes that people know the upgrade details of the previous Wondrous Residence (from Easter Event 2019).

nice job BB
    It says it will require soccer balls to upgrade. It does require soccer balls to upgrade. How exactly is the description misleading?

World
    Newfoundland

nice job BB

so: either tokens or normal resources/currency for future designs. no event resources as an upgrade requirement.

Ps: Up Votes are going higher! We have now 1.784
    the original version on test server did use tokens to upgrade but people complained as many do not like doing the weeklies, so it was changed to footballs, so you can thanks the players for that, not BB.
    second, the xmas market works the same way, you can only upgrade with event resources so must be done in the event or wait till next event. there is precedent
    Leader of The Hell Unleashed [THU] on Newfoundland
    Addicted to Settlers, coffee and chocolate, in that order

Reply to Thread