Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary: Summer Event 2019

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    i missed four days because of login issues so could not catch up on collectibles for achievement and missed balls return from explorers and playing adventures during that period. its difficult to collect enough balls to get all items from shop. doubling XP was nice though.

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    I enjoyed the football (not soccer!) event more than expected. Appreciate the x3 xp, the market in events is now too busy with constant new stuff, i think you need to slow it down, especially the fancy geo's. Can we start trading in the now virtually redundant tavern geos for a fancy one???

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Best of the summer event was the 3x XP points. Hope that the upcoming events will give the same

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    All in all a nice event. Everything seemed to work as expected, atleast for me.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    The x3 xp was awesome for any lvl player, the football ratio was not awesome for any lvl player.
    Even with all the explorers for the last 5 years and hardcore TO use, getting footballs to match previous events required; friendship buff, premium and full time ingame requirement, that was like shouting "buy gems if you want to get this event items". First time i skipped more than half of the event items, im afraid it wont be the last time.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by puit View Post
    For me personally, this footy event was one of the best events i ever took part in. YES , the prices of the event items where expensive, but the double loot and tripple xp made up for it. It gave motivation beyond any event i've ever played. I have to admit that i'm a long time player , and i can benefit from much more explorers and resources than some ppl do, so i understand some ppl's frustration. But if you grinded adventures hard , you could sell the surplus loot for extra footballs. The matter of the fact stays the same ; if you put in the time , you'll get the reward. No complaints from me this year !
    and there's the crux of the matter - "if you put in the time" - if you work part-time, study part-time, and, you know, actually want to have a life, you will not "have the time" for lots of addies. I have not been able to get a lot of rewards this time ... for me the benefit was levelling up from 65 to 66 and nothing else (with friend buff). Not really a fan these days .... no chance to get fun rewards despite having plenty of explorers bringing back footies. My RL job and Masters are a tad more important than this game, and tbh the game now seems more onerous than my RL job - this is not a compliment.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Mollerini View Post
    Triple XP for adventures is a must for all future events, was able to clear a full level (63) in two weeks would normally take months
    What is a must for all future is either fixing the existing system or redesigning it completely so that 1 level doesnt take months in the first place.

Bonuses dont make much difference unless you have nothing better with your life than spending 24/7 for few weeks playing this kind of game, because otherwise you dont utilize them fully.

As for the event, I didnt really do much outside of sending explorers and selling 2-3 adventures for footballs, simply because its not 2012 anymore and I have no reason to waste time on getting more housing. Generals ? possibly, new unique buildings that change the gameplay ? possibly, houses ? no thanks.

Especially at those ridiculous prices.

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    i am super annoyed by devs who made football event with american football gears, what kind of uneducated devs can they be? And they didn't even correct it after 5 years or more. Sorry guys, just a neccessary rant!

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    The balance of how many Balls you could get and how many new (expensive) things were added was off. Even Easter was easier and they always have expensive Generals.

The XP was great though, went from 71 to 72 in no time and i just got to 71 when the event started.

World
    Northisle
    Great job, loved the x2 loot and the fact you needed to choose from new items.
    Normaly loads of leftovers from event stuff, ofc. handy to make guildies happy, but think this is more fun.

Reply to Thread