Reply to Thread

Thread: The Settlers Alliance: Toolmaker

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle

Thumbs up The Settlers Alliance: Toolmaker

Do you wan't us to move away from our dotard game ?

We don't care about your new source of money.

What is going to happened to TSO without flash ? (6 months lefts....)

What is your secret big plan ?

Tell us more, let us think something good will happen...

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Curious on this too another game i play had been making this hyped up new game for years. turning all its resources to making that while milking the old game for revenue.
    I guess for the new game increased gem offers more events etc pretty much same as here has
    when there new game launched it flopped lol...and i see history repeating itself here and the worrying part is we all know the game ends in 2020
    they have already stated they wont move the game to a new platform so we know its stuck in flash and after 2020 flash stops ,
    yes it will still work but it will no longer be safe to use as it wont get fixes to any security issues the whole reason why there killing it off its too easily used to hack people...
    so i would like to know what BB plans are because at the moment if your still selling gems when you know in a years time the game will be closed then morally thats wrong like selling giftcards from a store that knows it will be closing and the cards will be useless
    Last edited by hades8840; 13.07.19 at 07:58.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by hades8840 View Post
    Curious on this too another game i play had been making this hyped up new game for years. turning all its resources to making that while milking the old game for revenue.
    I guess for the new game increased gem offers more events etc pretty much same as here has
    when there new game launched it flopped lol...and i see history repeating itself here and the worrying part is we all know the game ends in 2020
    they have already stated they wont move the game to a new platform so we know its stuck in flash and after 2020 flash stops ,
    yes it will still work but it will no longer be safe to use as it wont get fixes to any security issues the whole reason why there killing it off its too easily used to hack people...
    so i would like to know what BB plans are because at the moment if your still selling gems when you know in a years time the game will be closed then morally thats wrong like selling giftcards from a store that knows it will be closing and the cards will be useless
    Just about every point you make here are about as wrong as General Custer using his air miles to visit Little Big Horn. If you had actually bothered to pay attention to what BB have been saying you would know the following.
    1 The new game is a stand alone game, it is not a replacement for this game. It's taking the franchise of the original stand alone games to the next logical level.
    2 Flash will not stop, it will never stop. If some games company decides to bring out a new flash game in a thousand years from now, they can. It's like computers from the 80's which still have new games being developed. All it means is no new development or updates for flash, the 2020 version will be the final version.
    3 Ceasing development of flash is the ultimate security fix. There is no kudos for the script kiddies in hacking old niche software which is what flash will become.
    4 They have said they are looking at other platforms.
    5 As far as selling gems before the game closes the onus is on you to prove that they knowingly sold them with the knowledge of game closure, if you do have such proof then ethically you should pursuing legal action, to fail to do so makes you just not as guilty but shows your not willing to stand up for what you believe in.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Soupssss View Post
    We don't care
    We? Who is "we"? You do not have my permission to speak for me. I can do that quite well myself.

Dorotheus has summed up pretty well the current state of affairs, but of course it is fully up to you to be pessimistic over and over about what's to come.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    The game will probably be ported to use AIR instead (same codebase as flash), much better since it would leave out the browser hopefully.

I don't mind news about the new game, I am pretty wary about bluebyte releases though. I was very interested in settlers 7, but its release price was too high, it took too long to be discounted and there was very minimal effort put into fixing bugs.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    @Dorotheus
    I like your suppositions...

But I prefer facts.

Flash will not disapear ? Please, are you a psychic ?
    We have many exemple of lost technologies... Why flash would be an exception ?

All your supposition are not facts, not at all.

BB annouce that they are still working on it, we don't know anything else... It's a secret big plan... or maybe nothing.

Only BB can tell... not some psychic player...

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Soupssss View Post
    @Dorotheus
    I like your suppositions...

But I prefer facts.

Flash will not disapear ? Please, are you a psychic ?
    We have many exemple of lost technologies... Why flash would be an exception ?

All your supposition are not facts, not at all.

BB annouce that they are still working on it, we don't know anything else... It's a secret big plan... or maybe nothing.

Only BB can tell... not some psychic player...
    If you are so unhappy with what BB do, the direction of the game, etc etc etc why not simply use the amazing option of stopping playing?

BB will do what BB do, no amount of complaining is going to change that.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    2 Flash will not stop, it will never stop. If some games company decides to bring out a new flash game in a thousand years from now, they can.
    Which is completely irrelevant because the problem is not the availability of the language itself, but the platform to run it on.

If the support for flash itself is no longer the case, it will be gradually removed from all of the major browsers because they have no obligation to keep it, meaning that it will be gradualy harder finding ANY browser you could even start the game in.

Meaning that your average customer will have to either rely on stopping the updates of the browser they use in order to avoid flash being cut out without any control from their side, or use third party solutions, assuming they will know how to do so.

THis means an awful lot of technical problems and potentially an unknown number of players leaving the game because they can no longer easily play it.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan View Post
    If you are so unhappy with what BB do, the direction of the game, etc etc etc why not simply use the amazing option of stopping playing?

BB will do what BB do, no amount of complaining is going to change that.
    "You love it, or you quit it"

remember me very dark period of history...

(and it's also a fallacious way to argue)

Reply to Thread