Closed Thread

Thread: Scavenger hunt with Orowa - Day 4

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland

Scavenger hunt with Orowa - Day 4

A warm welcome

To thank you for the help you gave to his relative, The King ordered his military advisors to arrange a tour for you of the archipelago on which the best royal soldiers are being trained. A royal guide boarded the Excelsior and lead you to a heavily fortified chain of islands, located on the fringes of the Kingdom.
    “I do hope everyone here was informed about our arrival.” - said one of the mods, watching the island below. - “It looks like every single weapon down there is aimed straight at us.”
    Indeed, walls and towers that surrounded the island were bristling with cannons and ballistae and many of them were following every movement of the flying ship.
    “Don’t worry” - said the royal guide. - “No one will fire at us without the order. Do you see this purple smoke? This is our landing site.”
    When the Excelsior landed and you left the ship, you were met by a welcoming party of a few soldiers led by a small man in a large black wide-brim hat with a red feather.
    “Hello!” - said Orowa - “We’re the adventurers you were undoubtedly notified about. We’re here to see your training facilities.”
    The small man looked at you for a few seconds with a passive expression on his face. Then he snorted:
    “Adventurers?! You look like you’ve spent your entire life picking up herbs around the Mayor’s house! Are you sure your adventures included fighting warlocks and bandits? I say it’s more likely that the only warlock you’ve ever fought was a scarecrow in a black cloak!”
    “Hey, wait a second...” - the ghost said indignantly.
    “Silence! I don’t give tours of my beloved training grounds to just anybody! If you want to see them, you’ll have to prove that you’re not afraid of hard work! Are you up to the challenge? Or are you afraid of getting your pretty hands dirty? Perhaps I should arrange a tour of our Spring Parks instead?!”

Who is this man?

You can hire him in the Tavern (the name of his rank/profession starts with M).

Last edited by BB_Torkav; 26.07.19 at 12:52.

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland

Duties of a royal soldier

“We’re not afraid of hard work and we’ll prove it to you!”- said Orowa - “What do you need done?”
    “Hmm, that’s more like it! Come with me!” - said the stranger.
    He led you to a watchtower overseeing a large plain in the center of the Island. From the top of the tower, you could see several charred ruins of what looked like fortified military camps. A few workers were repairing walls of one of the camps.
    “Here’s where our soldiers train. To give them the best training possible, we build real fortifications and then attack or defend them. Usually, the soldiers rebuild everything after every exercises, but the last group that was training here was recalled to the battlefield almost immediately after the exercises ended. They didn’t have the time to rebuild the fortifications and now we have a problem. We are behind schedule and we have to rebuild those camps as soon as possible. Will you help us?”
    Eager to prove their worth, the adventurers threw themselves into work. Before long, all the camps were rebuilt.
    The small man inspected the camps thoroughly and when he finished, he nodded appreciatively and said:
    “Good job. I’m proud of you. Those mockups will help my soldiers a lot in preparing for future battles. Training is of immense importance for us who fight with armies of other realms. Aye, sometimes we face undisciplined bandits as well, but very often we have to storm fortifications that have been set up by experienced commanders of other nations. In those battles, constant readiness and quick reactions are paramount! And that’s not all! After the enemy is defeated, we have to set up our own defences as soon as possible, before the enemy has a chance to counterattack! That’s why we value hard work so much. Alright! You can rest now, and then I’ll show you our main training facilities.”

Where are PVP units trained?
    maecaayodbtcm
    Words and order - clean it up

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland

Heart of the training grounds

The training grounds were very impressive. Walls were lined with expertly crafted weapons. On the yards soldiers were sparring with pikes and maces, archers were shooting bows and crossbows at targets and riders were practicing cavalry charges.
    “The majority of our soldiers specialize in using one specific weapon to maximize their effectiveness. For example, infantrymen with pikes are perfect for stopping cavalry charges, but as the pikes are two-handed weapons, they can’t carry shields and are easily countered by archers. On the other hand, archers are very vulnerable to cavalry charges, as the riders can quickly close the distance and annihilate the archers before they can fire more than one or two salvoes.”
    “And who are those?” - asked Orowa, pointing at a group of colorfully clad warriors.
    “Ahh, this is the elite, the best of the best. They’re so experienced that no weapon is alien to them. They’re familiar with the tactics of many different kinds of troops and won’t ever be surprised.”

An elite PVP unit:
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland

A different kind of adventures

“In battles with other realms, minimizing losses is the key to victory. Having such experienced and flexible warriors is very useful when you find yourself lacking certain type of troops.” - said the commander.
    “But where do you take them?” - said Orowa - “Where do battles with other realms take place?”

Where do PVP battles take place?
    _ _ l _ _ _ _ s

“Thank you for the tour, sir.” - said the ghost - “It was very informative and everything we saw and heard was very impressive.”
    Other adventures murmured with agreement. Some were still unhappy with the cold welcome and that they had had to help rebuild the camps on what was basically a vacation, but even they admitted that the tour was a rather pleasant and interesting experience.

Closed Thread