Closed Thread

Thread: Scavenger hunt with Orowa - Day 7

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland

Scavenger hunt with Orowa - Day 7

It's cold...

The first thing you noticed when you woke up, was that it was cold. Very cold. You looked around and saw that it was snowing. Other adventurers were getting to their feet around you…
    “What happened?” - asked one of the mods.
    The city looked quite differently from what you remembered. The buildings were decorated, there was no sight of the monsters, and you could see normal people walking around, some of which were staring at you curiously. You also noticed a large spruce decorated with candles and colorful spheres, standing in front of the Town Hall.

What time of the year is it?
    hracmssit

Last edited by BB_Torkav; 26.07.19 at 12:53.

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland

A familiar face

“Hey! You’re alive!” - shouted a familiar voice.
    You turned to see the woman that saved you from the monsters when you first came to this island.
    “We were hoping you’d reappear one day. That lady from the flying ship told us you might be suspended in time.”
    “Yeah, it looks like we disappeared for almost two months.” - said Orowa. - “I only hope that the curse was indeed lifted…”
    “Oh, it definitely was!” - said the woman - “I can assure you of that. You see, you disappeared for much longer than two months. Three years and two months, to be exact!”
    Everyone was stunned by the revelation.
    “We were all gone for THREE YEARS!?”
    “Yup! And the monsters have never returned since your disappearance! You’ve done it! You lifted the curse! Come on!” - she added - “Let’s not stand idly in the snow. There will be a banquet in the Town Hall today. I’ll take you there, jump in!” - she said, turning to her vehicle.

What is it? Santa Claus sometimes uses it as well.
    S _ _ _ _ h

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland

The festivities begin

After resting a bit in the Town Hall and talking to the Mayor, you decided to join the festivities. Some of your companions decided to take part in the snowball fight that was taking place on the square in front of the Town Hall. Those who had enough of fighting started making giant balls of snow and piling them on top of each other.

What do you think they were trying to build?
    _ _ _ _ _ e _

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland

A different city

You helped the citizens put up some more decorations, mostly wreaths and garlands, and sang carols. Everyone was so cheerful it was hard to believe it was the same city you remembered from your previous visit. Some residents, especially the young ones, were very excited for the evening.

Can you guess why?
    retpness

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Epilogue

When the evening came, the moon was making all the snow sparkle like diamonds. The atmosphere was amazing and you felt like in a fairytale. Feelings of peace and joy filled everyone’s hearts.
    Eventually, people started leaving the square to spend the rest of the evening in their homes. The adventurers went back to the Town Hall, as they had been invited to spend the night there. When you retreated to your room after a very pleasant meal, and went to bed, you could still hear distant singing, talking and cheerful laughter...

*beep, beep, beep...*

Orowa rubbed his eyes and slowly got out of bed. He looked around, confused.
    "Where did everybody go? Wait... Where am I?"
    He was in a small room, definitely not something you would find in a Town Hall.
    “Those old, damp walls… It’s my auntie’s place! The adventures, my companions… Was it all just a dream?”
    Upset, he started walking back and forth, thinking. Suddenly, he noticed something shiny laying on the ground.
    “Wait a second… I know what this is… I took it with me on one of the adventures… Was all of this not a dream after all?

Closed Thread