Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 31

Thread: [Feedback] Sneak Peek: Anniversary Event 2019

  1. #11
    Forum Explorer
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    318
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by ginny31 View Post
    would be slow making manuscripts but when compared to what it takes making tomes and a codex its faster 4 days for a codex with no need to make anything ie 15 scripts and 3 tomes
    Yeah, looks like I wasn't thinking much with first comment. Thanks for correcting me.

    Another topic: How long is one production cycle in event building? Was it 6 mins or something like that? Went to check on Test but event is gone from there.

  2. #12
    Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Darkest Dorset
    Posts
    1,498
    World
    Newfoundland
    Dear BB, hope this event isn't due until October, after a near unblemished 8 year login record (apart from the times servers have gone awol), I'm moving house to a sheltered scheme and going to be without internet for about a month. Please keep it on the bug creation server until I get back.

    To my many treasured Settlers friends, I'm about to vanish for a while but as soon as is humanly possible, I'll be back to TSO from a much quieter location, without all the external problems so many of you know about. I'll be missing you all but this break in the action is going to be worth it, stay happy and I'll be online the moment I can. Guess I'm due a Settlers holiday, even in hospital I managed to at least make the login bonus, and even nearly fried a laptop trying to login whilst waiting for an MRI scan
    Nog. xxx
    We love our new CM.

    Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

  3. #13
    Town Crier
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    816
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by VikingGold View Post
    i look in alle the shop menu, could not find the new book building
    In the anniversary event the rewards always come from personal and community goals shown in the quest book. Adventure bookbinder is part of the community goal 2 reward.

    Quote Originally Posted by Norton_C View Post
    Another topic: How long is one production cycle in event building? Was it 6 mins or something like that? Went to check on Test but event is gone from there.
    One hour + travel time but there are 3 production lines
    Last edited by Mannerheim; 24.08.19 at 12:14.

  4. #14
    Forum Explorer
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    318
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannerheim View Post
    One hour + travel time but there are 3 production lines
    Alrighty. That makes sense now. Thanks for clarification.

    EDIT: Looks like I'm still missing something. Event needs 49 500 balloons, triple production on 12 gives 18 144 for 21 days nonstop, the best multiplicator is +100 percent, plus 2100 balloons from dailies ............. looks like the event is not manageable without double boost nonstop and some production on 14 on top of that. Can't remember if it was that tight last time. What have I missed?
    Last edited by Norton_C; 24.08.19 at 12:56.

  5. #15
    Master of Strategy Kit_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    931
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Norton_C View Post
    Alrighty. That makes sense now. Thanks for clarification.

    EDIT: Looks like I'm still missing something. Event needs 49 500 balloons, triple production on 12 gives 18 144 for 21 days nonstop, the best multiplicator is +100 percent, plus 2100 balloons from dailies ............. looks like the event is not manageable without double boost nonstop and some production on 14 on top of that. Can't remember if it was that tight last time. What have I missed?
    you made the same mistake people were making last time, it is not all personal quests added together, it is simply the 15k balloons, the amount for the previous counts for all the quests
    Leader of The Hell Unleashed [THU] on Newfoundland
    Addicted to Settlers, coffee and chocolate, in that order

  6. #16
    Forum Explorer
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    318
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Kit_ View Post
    you made the same mistake people were making last time, it is not all personal quests added together, it is simply the 15k balloons, the amount for the previous counts for all the quests
    Oh what a relief. So glad it's not 49 k. Thanks for putting my mind at peace. Now I can say I'm looking forward to the event.

  7. #17
    Original Serf
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    22
    World
    Sandycove
    Still waiting for a new Settlers game for the Amiga.

  8. #18
    Nifty
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    69
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by MutantKid View Post
    New Gen looks great & ty for giving him 1st strike even if its half damage what an mma does. Having normal or last strike on future gens is a bad idea especially when they compared to current gens, the scientist you released is not much better than a tavern gen so BB learned a lesson there!
    The new Gemini general's benefits, as well as the Scientist's lack thereof, have little to do with their individual damage. Particularly in elite adventures a general's own damage is much less significant than their traits (the abilities they have that modify player and enemy troops).

    The Gemini's true strength lies in his 10-unit increase in capacity and 20% recovery abilities. This gives him a guaranteed advantage in troop losses compared to a Major gen if skilled the same way. In most cases, the extra garrison size will allow more enemies to be killed before they can kill your troops, in addition to the 20% insta-recovery. His first-strike flanking damage is just icing on the cake.

    Which is fun and great and all, but I myself am tired of seeing new fluffy stuff all the time. The game does not need to be made any easier. We just got the ability to buy an extra major at Easter, then Boris came along and now I don't use the original 2 majors as much let alone the 3rd. Now the Gemini pops up to make the majors obsolete. Or consider the Stronghold with the fantastic ice swimming buff. At least it seemed fantastic until they threw us the training grounds, and extra production buffs, and now it's so easy to keep up with AB adventuring there is no need for a Stronghold anymore. What's the point?

    If they really want to make new content, try making some challenging new adventures!! It doesn't have to be MCC-level, but maybe some new high-end AB or Tailor adventures. Instead they just keep dangling a shiny new carrot in front of an old horse going around the same old track, hoping he won't get bored and realize he hasn't actually been anywhere new in a long long time.

  9. #19
    Ruler of the Land
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Cotswolds in UK
    Posts
    1,174
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsoluteZ View Post
    If they really want to make new content, try making some challenging new adventures!! It doesn't have to be MCC-level, but maybe some new high-end AB or Tailor adventures. Instead they just keep dangling a shiny new carrot in front of an old horse going around the same old track, hoping he won't get bored and realize he hasn't actually been anywhere new in a long long time.
    New general usually means new adventures on the horizon

  10. #20
    Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Darkest Dorset
    Posts
    1,498
    World
    Newfoundland
    Managed to get S2 running on mine, although it took a bit of work.
    Have a full 68030 processor including FPU, so able to install Linux on it.
    Gog are now providing Linux ports for most of the games they provide, be it through dosbox or other methods, so successfully installed Settlers2 Gold edition on the Miggy.
    Tempted to try one of these 68080 accelerators on the old A500, apparently they go like stink, way faster than the 060's ever managed, only drawback will be the 1/2 meg of chip memory limiting the world sizes. However, there's also an A600 version so might browse ebay for a cheapie.
    We love our new CM.

    Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Ubisoft uses cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our websites. By continuing to use this site you agree to accept these cookies. More info on our privacy.