Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: How Fast Can You Finish a Alibaba and Young Woodcutter?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan View Post
    Does that include travel times???

Would love to see your guides for them.
    Has to include traveling to the adv at least as timer starts as soon as you open the map

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by cheethamhill View Post
    17 is my fastest but 18/19 is average=plat shoes no buffs 7 per obs if lucky with no mishaps or freezes but 6 quite easily...

same for 2nd Thief,ToW 28min,3rd 37min and BP 57min...Buff kills used only on ToW like many others I guess

https://prnt.sc/qzl89d
    Travel time is always counted as it part of the adventure so yes all times are from opening adv on home island till last camp killed/final quest completed...

every guide I make is hand written but one day soon I will screen record all my guides and place on youtube

and save making another post,yes blocks are used..On YWC I use 5 blocks.

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by cheethamhill View Post
    Travel time is always counted as it part of the adventure so yes all times are from opening adv on home island till last camp killed/final quest completed...

every guide I make is hand written but one day soon I will screen record all my guides and place on youtube
    Impatiently waiting for that. I think it will be inspiring.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    This all seems really cool but i definitely must be doing a lot of things wrong since i've only hit down to 31 minutes so far (from landing time i think, always using Platinum Horseshoes) but i knew i could hit around 25 or below. My problem now is, what in the world am i doing wrong? Lol.

I'm using 4 Marry Christmas Generals, 2 Steadfast, 1 Vargus, 1 Anslem and Boriswith 1 Nusala sacking at final Boss followed by 2 YGGs with Steadfast/Boris clearing up the Boss.

I have no Observatory but now i got all 3 Cloaked Generals and i'm thinking, i could start off with at least 3 to 5-6 first attacks with Cloaked as they have the traveling speed advantage and then continue with the rest of the Generals (all always max Navigation Crash Course) and switch them up better on the later parts too and definitely work out some way about the waves there, that's not nice. I'd appreciate any suggestions on that really. I tried a few ways to fix the final Boss waves and it just turns pretty messed up usually (loses are ridiculous).

One thing i do that helps me quite a bit usually is that i fire up Generals from the previous Sector usually so i don't have to take up place in front or wait for anything, as soon as the previous shots pass the flag, it's go time. The other thing is, i only have 1 set of Generals so i can't switch them up like i assume Hades8840 was saying. But another way to help gain a few seconds of time is to place your Generals close by around Storehouses in proper order matching their arrival timing you want and once you send 1 set of Generals, you can fix up the other set before the fresh set is ready to start attacking. It's a tiny difference and might not be able to do it for more than the first time without wasting more time than you gain but it is around half a minute i think usually so it counts for the edge.

Anyway, good luck everyone. I'll be back.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by WildTaurus View Post
    This all seems really cool but i definitely must be doing a lot of things wrong since i've only hit down to 31 minutes so far (from landing time i think, always using Platinum Horseshoes) but i knew i could hit around 25 or below. My problem now is, what in the world am i doing wrong? Lol.

I'm using 4 Marry Christmas Generals, 2 Steadfast, 1 Vargus, 1 Anslem and Boriswith 1 Nusala sacking at final Boss followed by 2 YGGs with Steadfast/Boris clearing up the Boss.

I have no Observatory but now i got all 3 Cloaked Generals and i'm thinking, i could start off with at least 3 to 5-6 first attacks with Cloaked as they have the traveling speed advantage and then continue with the rest of the Generals (all always max Navigation Crash Course) and switch them up better on the later parts too and definitely work out some way about the waves there, that's not nice. I'd appreciate any suggestions on that really. I tried a few ways to fix the final Boss waves and it just turns pretty messed up usually (loses are ridiculous).

One thing i do that helps me quite a bit usually is that i fire up Generals from the previous Sector usually so i don't have to take up place in front or wait for anything, as soon as the previous shots pass the flag, it's go time. The other thing is, i only have 1 set of Generals so i can't switch them up like i assume Hades8840 was saying. But another way to help gain a few seconds of time is to place your Generals close by around Storehouses in proper order matching their arrival timing you want and once you send 1 set of Generals, you can fix up the other set before the fresh set is ready to start attacking. It's a tiny difference and might not be able to do it for more than the first time without wasting more time than you gain but it is around half a minute i think usually so it counts for the edge.

Anyway, good luck everyone. I'll be back.
    My set I only use a gen per attack none are ever reused but some take out 2-3 camps each and the best i can do is 27 minutes when using the observatory and shoes...as my gens pretty much do what blocking does they just kill everything I cant see where any more time could be shaved ...as my older gen takes out camps 12-14 on the wiki .. mary takes out 15 followed right behind two gens taking out camps 18-19 20 and 22 before camp 14 is even distroyed

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    This is my attacking setup for woodcutter during events....
    I can finish the map (no blocks) including travel time (with Observatory) and shoes active in 25 minutes. By the time I have finished I have already sent at least 1/2 the gens home so they are immediately ready to resend. I dont use MG, Nus or YGG as they are all kept on home island to do TR lootspots. Obviously this playing style is only sensible during events as other times I typically block. Sometimes I send all gens from the landing zone with a little pause between gens if they are attacking as part of a chain so the later gens dont get intercepted. Sometimes I move them up as each sector is cleared. Neither way seems much quicker or slower than the other, the main benefit is less walking time for the later gens meaning I get to send them home quicker.

https://i.imgur.com/x40zM3O.jpg

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by fishslice View Post
    This is my attacking setup for woodcutter during events....
    I can finish the map (no blocks) including travel time (with Observatory) and shoes active in 25 minutes. By the time I have finished I have already sent at least 1/2 the gens home so they are immediately ready to resend. I dont use MG, Nus or YGG as they are all kept on home island to do TR lootspots. Obviously this playing style is only sensible during events as other times I typically block. Sometimes I send all gens from the landing zone with a little pause between gens if they are attacking as part of a chain so the later gens dont get intercepted. Sometimes I move them up as each sector is cleared. Neither way seems much quicker or slower than the other, the main benefit is less walking time for the later gens meaning I get to send them home quicker.

https://i.imgur.com/x40zM3O.jpg
    lol mine is pretty much the same the map is around somewhere couple gens difference but same attacks pretty much ..but urs is a little faster must be taking too long somewhere and i dont reuse any gens

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    Morning Hades

When sending the gens to attack, I release them based upon not getting intercepted by the camps (remembering that leaders dont intercept. For example when sending the 3.1 attack, I only have to leave enough space to not be intercepted by 2.4, I can ignore 2.5 as he wont intercept. The same goes for the 2 attacks for 4.1/4.2 and 4.3/4,4 - The only camp in this group that will intercept later attacks is 4.1 so the attack on 5.1 can be sent fairly quickly.

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Nice to see so many strategies!

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    guess i'll be ok during events: my fast ywc

Reply to Thread