Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 101

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary: Anniversary Event 2019

  1. #21
    Ruler of the Land
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Cotswolds in UK
    Posts
    1,233
    World
    Northisle
    Why not just cut out the nonsense and let explorers find dough and candles whatever the player level?

  2. #22
    Ruler of the Land
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Milky Way
    Posts
    2,832
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan View Post
    Why not just cut out the nonsense and let explorers find dough and candles whatever the player level?
    I don't need to produce a chain of logic which says your wrong because this late in the day the mechanic is set in stone and it's too late to introduce radical changes like that.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

  3. #23
    Ruler of the Land topgearfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,261
    World
    Newfoundland
    Choosing a pretty number to divide the player base and then having to go for 9:1 ratio to actually make it work instead of going for 1:1 and then choosing the level divider based on that must be the stupidest balancing decision I've seen in a game.
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

  4. #24
    Committed Clicker
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Norfolk, England
    Posts
    434
    World
    Northisle
    It's been specifically balanced that way so the higher levels may be forced to buy their balloon packages for gems! Also giving just 5 candles on a prolong search which takes most types of explorers over a day to do is proof of this. Never seen them so low since 2012 when scouts found 1,2 or 3 event resources, (yep it was that bad) looks like its getting back to that now.

  5. #25
    Erudite Pioneer
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    75
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan View Post
    Why not just cut out the nonsense and let explorers find dough and candles whatever the player level?
    i like this idea it would make more sense

    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    I don't need to produce a chain of logic which says your wrong because this late in the day the mechanic is set in stone and it's too late to introduce radical changes like that.
    but yep i think its to late for it to be changed now if they do this birthday thing every yr now then yeah they will have a yr to change it if they wanted to

  6. #26
    Ruler of the Land
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Cotswolds in UK
    Posts
    1,233
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    I don't need to produce a chain of logic which says your wrong because this late in the day the mechanic is set in stone and it's too late to introduce radical changes like that.
    Point is the same thing was suggested last year, by me and others. I fail to see why BB feel players need to be forced to trade.

  7. #27
    Town Crier
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    843
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by MutantKid View Post
    It's been specifically balanced that way so the higher levels may be forced to buy their balloon packages for gems!
    That's not true. For example anyone above lvl 62-63 will not have to do a single adventure or a send a single explorer during the whole event to complete all personal goals. Anyone above 54-55 will manage the same by using a few cake buffs during the event which you get from the calendar or achievements.

  8. #28
    Ruler of the Land
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Milky Way
    Posts
    2,832
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan View Post
    Point is the same thing was suggested last year, by me and others. I fail to see why BB feel players need to be forced to trade.
    Point is, they are not forcing you to trade. You can convert between Candles and Dough, there is just 1 quest to buy 50 Candles or Dough and that is the full extent of the trading you need to do. The only other interactions you need have with other players is the arrangements to have cakes dropped.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

  9. #29
    Ruler of the Land topgearfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,261
    World
    Newfoundland
    Ok new plan.
    Since the candle amount is very low when playing myself, find an active 50- player (there must be some out there right?).
    Supply with RotM and res.
    Ask for the dough in loot in return.
    Convert the 9x dough into 3x more candles than id get if i played it.
    Profit!
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

  10. #30
    Ruler of the Land
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Cotswolds in UK
    Posts
    1,233
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    Point is, they are not forcing you to trade. You can convert between Candles and Dough, there is just 1 quest to buy 50 Candles or Dough and that is the full extent of the trading you need to do. The only other interactions you need have with other players is the arrangements to have cakes dropped.
    Might want to check your sums as to how many you will have and be able to convert.....And, not all have 46 explorers. Most who play actually go to work, have family to speak do, even risk going outside sometimes, they don't have the time to focus on sending explorers on constant short searches. What BB could do with remembering it is a game, not a way of life.

Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Ubisoft uses cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our websites. By continuing to use this site you agree to accept these cookies. More info on our privacy.