Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary: Halloween Event 2019

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnRo79 View Post
    is there an adventure event merchant we could have a sneak peak at pls?
    do you mean a tab in the merchant with adventures just for this event? there isn't one
    Leader of The Hell Unleashed [THU] on Newfoundland
    Addicted to Settlers, coffee and chocolate, in that order

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Elco View Post
    As it has been mentioned in previous events' feedback, there isn't really the need to come up each and every time with a new gen/explorer/geo set, is there?
    There is, considering generals are the only thing left in game that has attributes allowing for potentially altering gameplay. Everything else is just either raw production working the same way one we already have does, housing space (which by now should be a non issue for most players) or purely cosmetic.

If you dont provide something that, if we are lucky and BB does no worse than decent job designing it, has decent impact on the gameplay, you can potentially have huge chunk of the population skip the events alltogether, because lets face it, majority of us isnt 10 anymore and theres little fun to get from clicking eggs spawning in the same places every year on the same maps, or sitting and looking at cemeteries passively producing resources.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkz View Post
    There is, considering generals are the only thing left in game that has attributes allowing for potentially altering gameplay. Everything else is just either raw production working the same way one we already have does, housing space (which by now should be a non issue for most players) or purely cosmetic.

If you dont provide something that, if we are lucky and BB does no worse than decent job designing it, has decent impact on the gameplay, you can potentially have huge chunk of the population skip the events alltogether, because lets face it, majority of us isnt 10 anymore and theres little fun to get from clicking eggs spawning in the same places every year on the same maps, or sitting and looking at cemeteries passively producing resources.
    I do think there is a need for something new. We need some kind of carrot to want to work to get the items. But the quality of the new items have been dropping dramatically during last events - worst flop was the mad sci.
    Events is the spice that makes some of us want to keep playing. But on the other side it is also killing the game. I have lost track of the geos and explorers - dont even bother sending them all the time. I lost track of the geos abilities and what to sent for what. I dont bother much on skillling them as the number of books I have is a drop in the ocean compared to what would be needed. My point is that it gets my star menu to more and more cluttered. When sending to advs - it is a task to find the right gens in the clutter of gens.
    Many of the new buildings proves more or less worthless once I got them. I sort of get the feeling that the devs have no clue what we actually need. Like the choice of making an imp letter-smith - an imp fine-smith would have been great - the letter-smith is still collecting dust in my star menu. But well I know that it is hard to keep coming up with new stuff. And it does not really improve matters when devs does not seem to try to understand what we allready have and how that works with the game.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    How the spooky bronze mine work?
    It placed on the copper deposit? If yes, what happen when deposit ends?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Nufnuf View Post
    How the spooky bronze mine work?
    It placed on the copper deposit? If yes, what happen when deposit ends?
    then the mine is destroyed and you lose it so make sure you keep filling it with deposits

World
    Newfoundland
    really stupid that.
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

World
    Sandycove
    It's the least useful building from an event to date in my opinion but no one is forcing you to buy or use them.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Areop-Enap View Post
    It's the least useful building from an event to date in my opinion but no one is forcing you to buy or use them.
    It is like the artic mines were way way back. they were also an event item.

They were not the best then to be kind, and this ones despite being a lot better since they are in reality smelters they are also not the best. i'de rather we got 1 only that was not destroyable then this.

That's the thing with this event though, so many usless stuff to me nowdays that i can just relax and get a couple things. first event in a while were the grind won't be so bad for me

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanfas View Post
    It is like the artic mines were way way back. they were also an event item.

They were not the best then to be kind, and this ones despite being a lot better since they are in reality smelters they are also not the best. i'de rather we got 1 only that was not destroyable then this.

That's the thing with this event though, so many usless stuff to me nowdays that i can just relax and get a couple things. first event in a while were the grind won't be so bad for me
    Except arctic mines were actually useful back then, before they were replaced with industrial mines, double deposit geos and endless mines.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    There is a maintenance scheduled, which will fix the issue that some players were not able to see the Golem during this Halloween event. You can check out the website for more details.

~BB_Malkun

Reply to Thread