Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: skilling mini gemini

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    He's certainly usable in higher level adventures. For example, in MCC he does loads of damage on any camp without first strikers, often enough to save 120-130 sac bows. But even on the Foot of the Mountain, the camp with 100 frost ibex and 50 frost foxes, with 12ms (to absorb first strike damage) he'll take out all 50 foxes and a few ibex. The same camp on evil_j's guide required a mma with 235c and then up to 8m lost with boris' attack.
    -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
    ~~~~~~~ Lagoon Guild [LAGN] (Newfoundland) ~~~~~~~
    Lagoons are tranquil. They are made of water. People are made of water, too.
    But people are not lagoons, even if you sometimes find people in lagoons.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    2 x Aid, 3 x Jog, 3 x Nav, 3 x Flash, 3 x Annex & 1Up those are no brainers but what about the last 6 books?

Rapid would be useless on Arabian and above, they wont have flanking nor the splash! Rapid would only be useful on normal addys w/o 1st strike units where the frontal defensive unit have more then 40 and less then 55 HP!

Sniper about the same as above!

Hostile would be a waste s well since sacs don't give any recs!

Charge only adds some extra damage (+splash) to horses and it gives splash to knights and since he'll be exclusively used as a sac on Arabian and above charge would most likely be a complete waste as well.

Fast will add up on exp but since sacs do not generate recs it would also be a waste IMO! Fast is best in combination with hostile and bounty hunter.

Rest of the forth row skills only Cleave would add 8 damage + 66% splash to the Elite Soldiers but since they are more expensive to sac then Swordsman or Mounted Swordsman this skill would be a waste as well.

In theory Over + Frenzy should be a useful skill when grinding normal addys for event currency or refill, however I'm yet to see a sim where these skills comes in to play and/or where the attack can not be replaced by some other general for lower or same losses! Nonetheless this combo might come in to play on some lower addys!

Of those that are left only 3 x Jug and 1 x Aid would be of some use and the last 2 perhaps on Rapid to save books. If exp has any importance then 3 x Fast, 2 x Jug and 1 x Aid could be another option.

Please correct me if Im wrong!!
    Last edited by Killovicz; 18.11.19 at 18:37.

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    He certainly chews lumps out of the Archipelago camps, really speeds things up if you're going the total suicide route.

Oh, and sparkz, Drac isn't as bad as you may think, ok he's never going to be a major strike general but he does have his uses in certain situations. Admittedly, he does kind of fall between the MoD and the MMA, pity we can't skill either his hp to the former's level, or his attack to the latter, that variable attack disappoints too often.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Why dont you stick to one tread about this topic instead of making new ones?
    No matter what someone thinks he is not useless on adventures with normal troops- read Mannerheims tread as suggested above. They can f.es take out wots with less than 40 rec lost, and with use of other gens also. TR with 0 loss.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Well, I've just resimmed the only guide I've made for YGG so far, Split City in Summer (Max: 855R, 115B. Average: 807R, 115B) . This time I've skilled 'em with 3 x Hostile and 3 x Fast and I've used Elite Soldiers instead of Recs to calculate the exact amount generated Mercenaries!

Result: 179 Mercenaries, its not much but still its better then non! Besides 3 x Fast will add some exp on Arabian and above and once I reach lvl 75 it will also generate little more star coin!

2 x Aid, 3 x Jog, 3 x Hostile, 3 x Navigation, 3 x Fast, 3 x Flash, 3 x Annex and 1Up

That's how I'm going to skill mine (in couple of days unless persuaded otherwise in the meantime)

World
    Sandycove
    Skilled both of mine last week with 3 Jog, 3 First Aid, 1 Juggernaut*, 3 Navigation Crash Course, 3 Just a Flesh Wound, 3 Fast Learner, 1 Battle Frenzy, 3 Garrison Annex, 1-Up
    * To get 10 books in first 2 rows
    Works great as 1-Uppers, better than MMAs in a lot of cases.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    I think a lot of people are missing a key trait on the YGG. I use him both as a suicide and a main attacker.

YGG's best trait is his damage; 4.5k -5k per round
    Lets use that and give him Lightning Slash - 2 attacks per round

On any classic adventure, that is brutal.

On Mountain Labyrinth, final camp I decided to use my Lightning strike YGG instead of the 1-Up as the suicide attack. Ended up being the main attack.

As long as the YGG can survive the 1st and 2nd strikes, he can do a massive amount of damage with the Lightning Slash skill

I have 4 YGG's, 2 with 1-Up and 2 with Lightning Slash. The 2 with lightning slash also have a level or 2 in Cleave for use in classic. I just can't seem to get rid of those Elite Soldiers.....

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Wreakinghavoc View Post
    I think a lot of people are missing a key trait on the YGG. I use him both as a suicide and a main attacker.

YGG's best trait is his damage; 4.5k -5k per round
    Lets use that and give him Lightning Slash - 2 attacks per round

On any classic adventure, that is brutal.

On Mountain Labyrinth, final camp I decided to use my Lightning strike YGG instead of the 1-Up as the suicide attack. Ended up being the main attack.

As long as the YGG can survive the 1st and 2nd strikes, he can do a massive amount of damage with the Lightning Slash skill

I have 4 YGG's, 2 with 1-Up and 2 with Lightning Slash. The 2 with lightning slash also have a level or 2 in Cleave for use in classic. I just can't seem to get rid of those Elite Soldiers.....
    yeah, i've got educated on him quite quickly
    (7 with 1 up and 1 with lightning slash )

although, cleave sounds like it's the most useless skill in that tree.

where are you using it on? do you lose elite soldiers?
    Last edited by JohnRo79; 16.08.20 at 04:02.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    The Cleave skill is just optional for me as a trial but with this general the Elite Soldiers gain flanking, and a chance to do splash damage depending on the Cleave skill level.
    And as to losing Elite Soldiers.... I don't really care as I rarely use them otherwise.

The real difference is with Lightning Slash

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Wreakinghavoc View Post
    The Cleave skill is just optional for me as a trial but with this general the Elite Soldiers gain flanking, and a chance to do splash damage depending on the Cleave skill level.
    And as to losing Elite Soldiers.... I don't really care as I rarely use them otherwise.

The real difference is with Lightning Slash
    dont know why I typed there cleave. I meant to say lightning slash

Reply to Thread