Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New Levels!

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheddoe View Post
    Since it's supposed to be a 'settlement management' game how about giving us some settling or economy based adventures to do, anything that doesn't involve endless repetitive fighting
    uhm, scenarios ? This was the exact reason they introduced them.

The problem is though, theyre far more trivial than adventures and require almost zero effort to do, hence they cant reward anything that even comes close to adventures.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkz View Post
    uhm, scenarios ? This was the exact reason they introduced them.

The problem is though, theyre far more trivial than adventures and require almost zero effort to do, hence they cant reward anything that even comes close to adventures.
    Which is why I suggested big XP versions of what we've currently got.
    Instead of trivial easy-to-do scenarios let's have big, involved economy or crisis type addies to do that will be able to offer better rewards

World
    Newfoundland
    But thats the point, no matter where you try to set the difficulty level, it will always be trivial, because the game allows barely anything more than produce/ own/ spend, and 2 of those 3 can be easily cheesed by having resources beforehand, when the third one simply requires you to buff your production and wait.
    Last edited by sparkz; 01.12.19 at 17:27.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    3 or 4 weeks away from 75, I was looking forward to a rest, building up star coins and doing my own thing... guess I can do the last bit myself and stop levelling 'just because its there'. What really annoys me is just springing it on us so there can be no planning. Back when we were at 50 we had time to garner star coins before we had to start levelling again, this time we just had an event where we could get 2 more labs. I thought long and hard before deciding just to get 1, after all I would be level 75 in a few weeks and wouldn't need to make as many star coins. Had I known there would be level 76 and beyond and no star coins I might well have made another decision. At least its geed up my petty complaining. Thx BB

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Need to double the XP to get to lvl.80. Took almost 6 years to get to lvl.74..and now they change it to lv.80. What brain-dead people work there. They are supposed to be promoting the game for the release of the settlers Alliance. The way they are going there will not be many left to play that alliance version. MOST will have QUIT!!
    That is one of the stupidest things they have come up with. Those that raced to lvl.75 is there own doing... People have taken it slower as the game is designed to run... and they go and ruin it. Seriously .... wake up Devs and BB and let the game run how it was supposed to be run like all the previous settler games.
    STOP TRYING TO RUIN SETTLERS. Its has probably been running longer than some of the devs ruining it. Settlers started in 1994. If you are going to be brain dead and keep it at level 80.... (silly you) then you need to treble or quadruple all loot and XP on all adventures to keep the game playable.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by stonewaller View Post
    3 or 4 weeks away from 75, I was looking forward to a rest, building up star coins and doing my own thing... guess I can do the last bit myself and stop levelling 'just because its there'. What really annoys me is just springing it on us so there can be no planning. Back when we were at 50 we had time to garner star coins before we had to start levelling again, this time we just had an event where we could get 2 more labs. I thought long and hard before deciding just to get 1, after all I would be level 75 in a few weeks and wouldn't need to make as many star coins. Had I known there would be level 76 and beyond and no star coins I might well have made another decision. At least its geed up my petty complaining. Thx BB
    BTW... only have 23x lvl.75's in my friends list... ou are introducing the level.80 way,way to early

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    I disagree- I think farming starcoin at max lvl is game destabilazing with all the goodies to buy with the star coin and too easy a source for them. So new levels stops that- there will be a backlog of coins that will leave the system soon enough now that the farm is stopped.

Back to farming platinum and doing pathfinders to get the star coins for special items like PFB and the buff-kills, which means you have to make choices again- Farm platinum or buy less items in the merchant with the star coins instead of having it all and keep piling on star coin in the storehouse - for the adventuring max levelled people

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualan View Post
    I disagree- I think farming starcoin at max lvl is game destabilazing with all the goodies to buy with the star coin and too easy a source for them.
    I would argue its not as much destabilizing as it is pointless, considering that all of the bonuses you can buy only make sense as a suplement of the process of doing adventures, which becomes pointless the moment you reach max level.

I could never understand how any one sane would spend any time farming adventures to be able to afford a buff that costs 10k SCs they cant even use on themselves....

Forum Explorer
    World
    Sandycove
    Am at level 75 since a short while, and love it. no more rush to do adv for xp, time to spend at other games, best thing ever!!!
    And now BB wants to ruin it with 5 new levels???

Was thinking of staying in the game, lazy doing nothing except helping others to get to 75 too, but now I am seriously thinking of stopping with this game all together.

Wich will be hard after 7 years, but really dont want the stress of hunting xp again, so bad decission BB!!!

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkz View Post
    I would argue its not as much destabilizing as it is pointless, considering that all of the bonuses you can buy only make sense as a suplement of the process of doing adventures, which becomes pointless the moment you reach max level.

I could never understand how any one sane would spend any time farming adventures to be able to afford a buff that costs 10k SCs they cant even use on themselves....
    They get swapped so you end up with the benefit of the buff anyway )

Reply to Thread