Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary: Christmas Event 2019

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Norton_C View Post
    How about "green" skin over Gingerbread Storage to make it fit the island scenery? Think it was promised a year or two ago, but never heard about it since. Have lots of them in star, just waiting for that skin to use them.
    could be a new better/improved set of buildings part of, let's say, a new "Hobbit chain", 1x1, tribute height ones

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    So I have 4 christmas bakeries. And I noticed every building must be upgraded extra. You are kidding, right? Everything about bakeries is bad designed or developed, this is the top of the worst.
    Milan

20th July 2021: TSO died with Unity. RIP.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by mrfatalerror View Post
    So I have 4 christmas bakeries. And I noticed every building must be upgraded extra. You are kidding, right? Everything about bakeries is bad designed or developed, this is the top of the worst.
    If only that was not mentioned in the Dev Diary... But as it was, BB isnt to blame here.

PS: I also have 4 but I opted to keep 2 at level 1, 1 at level 2 and 1 at level 3. That fits my potential needs and nobody said I had to upgrade all 4 anyway.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Elco View Post
    If only that was not mentioned in the Dev Diary... But as it was
    Where, please? Cannot find it. Thanks.
    Milan

World
    Newfoundland
    Try the Quest Chain part of the Dev Diary.

It's all in blue letters, as this is new compared to last year's event.
    It clearly states the costs of moving and upgrading a bakery as well as the description of what each level does.
    Furthermore, the event was on the test server (and the building still is there by the way) for all to... well, test it and see by themselves before deciding what to do.
    Last but not least, it's not as if there was no guild, nor Help chanel or even a forum to ask questions before pointing the finger at others.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    Yes, there is information about moving costs and about upgrading costs. But. There is no information "the upgrade of christmas bakery is for the specific bakery only and new buff is not available in other christmas bakery buildings until they are upgraded too". This statement is missing. And that is my point.

Test server? I have life, no time to live on test server. Important information must be stated clearly here or in in-game shop.

Guild, help channel or forum - I cannot put a question to something what is not written anywhere. Cannot assume all combinations and put question for everything here.
    Milan

World
    Newfoundland
    Guild, help channel or forum - I cannot put a question to something what is not written anywhere. Cannot assume all combinations and put question for everything here.
    And yet you assumed that as long as one bakery would be upgraded, all other bakeries would also be...

Last year, when one market was upgraded, that didnt imply the other was too.
    And it's not as if some players had no bought/upgraded their bakeries so you could have asked and awaited for feedback before deciding to go for it and its placement fitting best your island.

PS: I barely if ever use the test server myself, but others do and have some information about the upcoming event before it hits the live servers. I agree we dont all have days on end to continuously play TSO, but information is readily available for those seeking it actively.
    BB is far from exemplary when it comes to transparency and efficient communication, but in this case I still believe they cannot be blamed.
    Last edited by Elco; 10.01.20 at 08:22.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    I liked the event from an required-effort way. Mostly that medium, long and very long searches had exact same returns/hr.
    I really really would like to see all searches to be more or less equal. Previous events balanced it waaaay too much in favor of faster searches which is an incredibly demotivating chore, especially for those having a lot of explorers.

Please keep explorer income/hr the same as this event for future events!

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Great event bought everything within the first week so could chill over xmas

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Yes, there is information about moving costs and about upgrading costs. But. There is no information "the upgrade of christmas bakery is for the specific bakery only and new buff is not available in other christmas bakery buildings until they are upgraded too". This statement is missing. And that is my point.

Test server? I have life, no time to live on test server. Important information must be stated clearly here or in in-game shop.

Upgrading a Noble residence does not upgrade all Noble residences on your island, the same applies to every other up-gradable building there is. So why are you complaining about the fact that the Xmas Bakery is exactly the same as every other building. Your assumption is illogical, so it's no surprise that it has proven to be wrong.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Reply to Thread