Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary: Christmas Event 2019

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland

[Feedback] Dev Diary: Christmas Event 2019

Please feel free to leave your thoughts and comments on the Christmas Event 2019 Dev Diary below.

The original post can be found here.

Happy commenting!
    BB_Malkun

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Explorer treasure searches (chance to get presents on top) dont like the wording chance its meant to be guaranteed

World
    Newfoundland
    Ok, so Granite Transformation, Grout Transformation and Mahogany Wood Transformation recipes all require the Provision House to be upgraded to level 7.
    Issue: the Provision House is currently NOT on the list of upgradable buildings and there is no indication about the timing of any future deployments (and whether any of those will include the Provision House anyway)...

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Elco View Post
    Ok, so Granite Transformation, Grout Transformation and Mahogany Wood Transformation recipes all require the Provision House to be upgraded to level 7.
    Issue: the Provision House is currently NOT on the list of upgradable buildings and there is no indication about the timing of any future deployments (and whether any of those will include the Provision House anyway)...
    think they mean player level, as level 7 is when you can get the provision house. The level of the prov house itself has never been an issue in any other xmas event for these buffs
    Leader of The Hell Unleashed [THU] on Newfoundland
    Addicted to Settlers, coffee and chocolate, in that order

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Kit_ View Post
    think they mean player level, as level 7 is when you can get the provision house. The level of the prov house itself has never been an issue in any other xmas event for these buffs
    Honestly that was my first thought but, as with every event, the player minimum requirement is to be level 16. That is in fact the first event subquest which triggers others to appear.
    So why mentioning a level way below the one required to participate in the upcoming event anyway? To make sure all players have a provision house on their island even though early starter quests do require to produce a few platters and solid sandwiches? Or is it another vague and confusing translation of the original dev diary in German?

My guess is that if those transformations/new recipes simply would need to be purchased from the event merchant, they would already show in a level 6 provision house, only greyed out. This is not the case...
    To me it looks like we're given the opportunity to purchase some new recipes (how much do they cost or are they free btw?) without knowing if and when we'll ever be able to potentially use them.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    They are not recipes but old options that appear in the prov house during the event. The conversion rates are also poor IIRC, like grout was something like +1k granite, 25 presents to get 50 grout.

edit: German dev diary says player level 7

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove

Question Champions of Anteria

In Dev Diary is written: "Limits adapted: Xmas Market, GiftTree, Anteria Champions and Candid Explorer can be obtained this year once again". But after no mention of cost of this Champions, nor if it's a limit or it's only for new players who didn't get them from previous event.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Albug01 View Post
    In Dev Diary is written: "Limits adapted: Xmas Market, GiftTree, Anteria Champions and Candid Explorer can be obtained this year once again". But after no mention of cost of this Champions, nor if it's a limit or it's only for new players who didn't get them from previous event.
    they are already in the merchant, the limit increase was done with the last update, everyone has had their limit increased by 1 each
    Leader of The Hell Unleashed [THU] on Newfoundland
    Addicted to Settlers, coffee and chocolate, in that order

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Looking forward to it (especially afterthe inevitable hotfix on the 17th).
    Not too sure how useful the Stalwart Gen will be, love the hp but if he's designed to work with swift units, that's never really going to come into play. Maybe will fare a bit better with elite units but with basic cav he's a sitting duck and may be better for blocking.
    Annoyed at having to pay gems for Save the Xmas Feast, should get at least one for free for old time's sake, although it's a gimme adv these days, it was the main goal of our very 1st event in 2011. In fact, I did 2 of them before I even touched Bounty Hunter as I didn't hit Level 26 until well into the event. Had to complete it using whatever troops I could make but still maintain this was a great way to learn the strengths and weaknesses making up garrisons on the fly.

My favourite bit of the diary has to be one of the pictures though, look closely, even BB_Pandur, one of if not the longest serving BB still in the game, Level 75 but even he hasn't touched PvP. Tab still says Level1, just like mine. I rest my case, QED.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannerheim View Post
    They are not recipes but old options that appear in the prov house during the event. The conversion rates are also poor IIRC, like grout was something like +1k granite, 25 presents to get 50 grout.

edit: German dev diary says player level 7
    Yes, I did a double take before realising they meant Player Level, but as Kit points out, irrelevant since Player has to be Level 16 to trigger the event.
    Only time I can recall using the granite transformation was the very 1st Xmas event in 2011, the PH converted marble to granite without presents. Sadly, as we'd only been playing a month, marble was still in short supply or we'd have filled our boots.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Reply to Thread