Newfoundland

New performance modifications

I already use
    - half textures
    - disabled walk animals
    - disabled walk settlers
    - disabled legacy smokes

I would like more options.
    - I would like switch off all animations. Buildings, waters, etc. The island like a picutre, without any animations.
    - I would like switch off all buff animations. There is an option but that is not ok, I would like to know buff is active or not. A transparent buff image over the building would be useful.

Fluent gaming experience is more important to me than beautiful animations etc. I don't like when the game is lagging. (It is not small freezes when I open windows first time, or genelars come back from adventures) that is the permanent low fps.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    The graphics adjustments only help if your computer struggles to display the game, most of the performance issues are down to the servers being a bit slow these days and having a lot of buildings on your island makes things a lot worse. An example would be when you load an adventure map and even though its mainly empty, it will still load a broken map and gradually add bits until the map looks normal, if the servers were fast enough then you wouldn't get this slow loading.

A new client is probably needed that can manage the server traffic better.

Reply to Thread