Reply to Thread

Thread: Snowy Island expansions for Home Zone

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove

Snowy Island expansions for Home Zone

Seeing snow covered buildings in my nice green home island gave me an idea.

Snow covered islands expansions for our home zones, perhaps to the north of the islands we already have.

World
    Newfoundland
    I agree. We got desert islands to put our Arabian buildings there. Now we need snow covered islands to the north, to place Nord buildings and frozen mansions. We always need more space anyway!
    "Few products escape the CHOAM touch... Logs, donkeys, horses, cows, lumber, dung, sharks, whale fur - the most prosaic and the most exotic... even our poor pundi rice from Caladan. Anything the Guild will transport, the art forms of Ecaz, the machines of Richese and Ix. But all fades before melange." — Duke Leto Atreides, Dune

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    I've seen BB answer this at some forum and they said that the snow maps use color and effect filters to apply the look of the tiles. The issue was that their filters can only work for the whole map and not specific regions. For the same reason the desert islands we have now do not look like the ali baba desert maps as the effect is missing. The conclusion back then was that its unlikely that they will ever add snowy islands.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    a good idee, gives us Nord, East and West islands and add dinamite in futer events.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Qlexia View Post
    a good idee, gives us Nord, East and West islands and add dinamite in futer events.
    I totally disagree.

Planning as always been the first feature of this game. Pop buildings or prod buildings? And if prod, then which one(s)? Etc.

BB released not so long ago new mountains/rocks to be removed and plenty of shotfirers + demolition crews are available in the Black Market section of the Merchant.
    You can't afford them? Then accept the game's limitations, and your own, to make the best out of it.

Last year's theme around pop buildings was the different versions of the wondrous residence.
    This year, it seems to be the 3 kind of water residences recently released during the xmas and valentine events.
    If some or all of those buildings are upgraded with tokens gained from the weekly challenges, residences on the "main" land can be removed thus creating new space for other buildings.
    Again, it's a choice we have and we make. No point of always getting more because it'll simply never be enough, right?

But back to the original subject of this thread, I too would have liked to see the possibility to put different background themes but as Mannerheim explained, this is way too complicated to introduce now after so many years and patches thrown over patches in terms of programming.
    I cannot imagine the amount of visual glitches and freezes this would cause to the game, switching between home island, adv maps and folks on friends/guild list to drop/swap buffs if BB would suddenly decide "it's at the bottom of our priorities but let's do it nonetheless"... ;P

World
    Newfoundland
    I don't mind having snow covered islands that are just "painted" white. To me, no other effects are needed on buildings or generals.
    "Few products escape the CHOAM touch... Logs, donkeys, horses, cows, lumber, dung, sharks, whale fur - the most prosaic and the most exotic... even our poor pundi rice from Caladan. Anything the Guild will transport, the art forms of Ecaz, the machines of Richese and Ix. But all fades before melange." — Duke Leto Atreides, Dune

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Elco View Post
    Planning as always been the first feature of this game.
    First feature of this game was bugs, second was artificial game time inflation, planning is maybe third.

As for the proposed changes, I like them.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkz View Post
    First feature of this game was bugs
    nah... those are just the added bonus for loyal customers

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    I like this idea of a Snowy Island. And if you all are nice I'll even rent out some space for you all.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    +1

Reply to Thread