Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 56

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary Valentine 2020 Event

  1. #11
    Pathfinder
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    6
    World
    Newfoundland
    Still a bit of a newb to the game hence I don't have a good supply of many of the adventures needed for the event ie Buccaneer, Split City, Raiding raiders etc Any chance they will be in the merchant to buy for frags, gems, coins?

  2. #12
    Ruler of the Land
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,151
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Michaelangelo View Post
    Still a bit of a newb to the game hence I don't have a good supply of many of the adventures needed for the event ie Buccaneer, Split City, Raiding raiders etc Any chance they will be in the merchant to buy for frags, gems, coins?
    do the siege is easy fast and will have a decent flower refill drop plus all the other refills can be easily sold

  3. #13
    Forum Explorer
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    313
    World
    Sandycove
    I think I already hate this event just after reading DD due to it's huge demand for co-operation and timing. Funny that only the so called "love" event creates such a massive negative reaction in me.

  4. #14
    Pathfinder
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    8
    World
    Northisle
    If you have prepared for this event, saving up millions of coins or valuable goods to trade for flowers, you can buy your way through this, and get the good stuff you want.
    If you not want to buy the flowers with gems, and have not stacked up coins or goods, this will be a hard one:
    1. get flowers from farms (if my math is correct) - 2592 flowers on 21 days, unbuffed. If you have alarm on every 1/3 hours to place cards and grinding enough adv's to get the refills needed, around 10k flowers max possible.
    2. explorers - alarm clock on there too, to send them on medium searches constantly, and you better have 50 to 70 explorers to get flowers enough. (i dont have any calculation on this, so will be only rough guessing) maybe another 10k is possible.

    So, without counting trade/gem use, max flowers is approx. 20k, and if i if i want to buy all stuff in merchant (not counting petty buff effects, decorations, recipes etc.) i need 100k - 120k flowers.

    hmm... let me sum it up for you, if i want to choose between 1/6 of the good stuff, i need to stay awake 24/7 for 21 days, (at least) while my kids are running around my feet, smile to my valentine wife while i tell her i'll be busy the next 3 weeks, find some time to be at work, and get time for all the other annoying Real-Life stuff that keeps popping up. This, guys.... will be a fantastic event.

  5. #15
    Skilled Student
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    30
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarvar View Post
    If you have prepared for this event, saving up millions of coins or valuable goods to trade for flowers, you can buy your way through this, and get the good stuff you want.
    If you not want to buy the flowers with gems, and have not stacked up coins or goods, this will be a hard one:
    1. get flowers from farms (if my math is correct) - 2592 flowers on 21 days, unbuffed. If you have alarm on every 1/3 hours to place cards and grinding enough adv's to get the refills needed, around 10k flowers max possible.
    2. explorers - alarm clock on there too, to send them on medium searches constantly, and you better have 50 to 70 explorers to get flowers enough. (i dont have any calculation on this, so will be only rough guessing) maybe another 10k is possible.

    So, without counting trade/gem use, max flowers is approx. 20k, and if i if i want to buy all stuff in merchant (not counting petty buff effects, decorations, recipes etc.) i need 100k - 120k flowers.

    hmm... let me sum it up for you, if i want to choose between 1/6 of the good stuff, i need to stay awake 24/7 for 21 days, (at least) while my kids are running around my feet, smile to my valentine wife while i tell her i'll be busy the next 3 weeks, find some time to be at work, and get time for all the other annoying Real-Life stuff that keeps popping up. This, guys.... will be a fantastic event.
    maybe the wifes and kids of tso players could go on a 3 week bootcamp journey

  6. #16
    Glorious Graduate
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    108
    World
    Sandycove
    If you get one thing or everything from the event is more than what you started with.. why do people think they should be handed everything for no effort or toil?

    they changed the flower cycles!-yeah last year was 20 min but the event was 10 days and 2 days phase 2-so 12 days compared to 21-if you do the math its the exact same amount of cycles.... 864..last year was no PFB,only love crazed which you need to micro manage. Last year no love tree which can add 3 days @22 per cycle-123 cycles @22x3=8118-2952(what snow would have given for them cycles)=5100+ just from the love tree.

    They added so many new things to buy with flowers compared to last year which makes the number high and yes they changed prices but like the first line says-you get what you get for playing the game-one thing, everything...more than what you started with and was free cost wise/no real life money used...you want all and not have to work hard or smart for it then it will cost you money...
    ...

  7. #17
    Battle Hardened Contributor sparkz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Poland / Finland
    Posts
    386
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by cheethamhill View Post
    why do people think they should be handed everything for no effort or toil?
    Why do people not read ?

    The problem with this event, as stated dozens of time on these forums and the test server ones, is that its tuned the way its mathematically impossible to get the things you want wihout paying. That is, no amount of organization and effort can get you the rewards. Its simply an insultingly obvious money grab.

    If you have prepared for this event, saving up millions of coins or valuable goods to trade for flowers, you can buy your way through this, and get the good stuff you want.
    The irony is though, if you could save millions of any particular good, it means its value is low. And in an event like this, unless people are brain dead, its unlikely theyd be selling limited goods for regular resources you can accumulate millions of.

    So even if BB assumes youd be able to get event resources via trade etc, the point they make is self defeating with how scarce the resources are.

  8. #18
    Ruler of the Land
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Cotswolds in UK
    Posts
    1,150
    World
    Northisle
    My approach will be: Login, pick up any collectibles and send geos out to find mine, do a few lakesides and 2nd thieves to keep the fields running, send the explorers out on prolonged searches and not worry about what they bring, buy what that gives me, open the calendar and enjoy those freebies. Mostly chat and laugh and joke with guild as what difference to a few new items make? Too much focus these days on getting new generals, geos, explorers etc all for what?

  9. #19
    Glorious Graduate
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    108
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkz View Post
    Why do people not read ?

    The problem with this event, as stated dozens of time on these forums and the test server ones, is that its tuned the way its mathematically impossible to get the things you want wihout paying. That is, no amount of organization and effort can get you the rewards. Its simply an insultingly obvious money grab.



    no its not..will get all before phase two starts..
    Last edited by cheethamhill; 09.02.20 at 11:57.
    ...

  10. #20
    Committed Clicker
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Norfolk, England
    Posts
    431
    World
    Northisle
    Have to agree with most here, pure moneygrab, changing field times is the worse they could do, no amount of prep could get you near everything in shop like previous events no matter how many hrs you put in.
    Weakening scout/explorer drops have been diminishing every event & that has something to do with the excessive scouts released in the previous year.
    New players need events to build their isles and grow, that's getting tougher now unless they get their bankcard out.

Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Ubisoft uses cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our websites. By continuing to use this site you agree to accept these cookies. More info on our privacy.