Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary Valentine 2020 Event

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    well put. could not agree more

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    It seems that this will be the worst event ever.
    Bad design, limited time, not much flowers, less than 50% of rewards for a user that will spend much time to game.

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Mousemaid View Post
    At a week into the event my guild are unimpressed by this event, earning the flowers is very difficult, only 3 flower farms available, unlike Halloween where there were 9, low amount of flowers in adventure loot got a whole 4 flowers from one adventure I did. Explorers, even those with books, bring home between 2 and 15 flowers & the worth while items in the event merchant are next to impossible to obtain. not one positive feed back from members of my guild. One of my guild member calculated that to get the 17K flowers needed for one event merchant item at the rate his explorers and adventures were returning flowers they would only need the event to run for almost 290 days. The feedback from my high lvl, motivated guild members is all negative and it was similar over the Christmas 2019 event. I understand that it shouldn't be too easy to obtain the event items and rewards, but making them next to impossible for lvl 65 players who are doing several adventures most days is going way too far in the other direction. Players loose all motivation when the goals are seen as unobtainable.
    I'm going to say something becomign bit a cliche now. Modify your expectations. You can't get everything. Noone can. In a perverted sense of justice we are now equal, people like me who could coast several past events with mountains of stuff to work off. This is how events have been last few times, and always was for those just starting out. My first Halloween I could just about get Drac and Grim working hard at it and some help. Suddenly all of us are kinda at that place. We have to pick and chose what we think will be most important. I bet I can trawl this forum and find plenty of complaints from previous years events that were too easy and had not enough stuff to get. BB has a core goal of the game to be about choices and style of play. Getting everything is not that. And having to make choices has finally hit the longer time players too. Boo. Hoo.

And for the record, yesterday I bought 17k pack and gotten couple of the explorers before that. Now I'm thinking I want the new QM, a chocolatier or 2, maybe new explorers, not sure I need so many adv searching explorers anymore. And I'm done getting moee area buff buildings I have to have in multiple nor do I need pop buildings, water or not. Priorities, choices, what works best for me? It is a damn sight more interesting than last Xmas (2019) where I got absolutely everything and could sell huge amounts of presents to boot. I thought that one was gonna be tough but it wasn't, and Xmas bakeries are totally useless.

Yes, for the first time the ask to "get everything" is effectively impossible for most of us. So modify your expactations. Think about what do you actually need considering your playstyle and act accordingly.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowBlizz View Post
    I'm going to say something becomign bit a cliche now. Modify your expectations. You can't get everything. Noone can. In a perverted sense of justice we are now equal.
    Yeah no, Some people can get everything, the real old players with gigantic stockpiles of resources can get everything, whales can get everything. not so old but veteran players will get half of everything, if they min max to oblivion, newer players will get shafted.

If anything, we are the most inequal as ever. To pull off the "But we have more things to buy now, that's why we can't get everything" argument, the rates that we get the event resources should had been the same as last time, so the prices, but they nerfed every front.

Making events nigh impossible to fully clear while offering a easy pass with real money is literally text book 101 how to manipulate your playerbase that gacha games have been using for a decade, it shouldn't be defended, it should be pointed and shamed.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    So I have 17k flowers today. I spent: 1 Prestigious Friendship Buff (Tuesday morning 11.02.2020 , 1 day Premium Saturday 15.02, 17x Love Crazed (1x workday +10 over the weekend) and 17 Love cards. I did on average 4/day The Siege adventures on workdays and 14/day on weekend (Work and daily needs keeps be busy from 6am to 5pm on weekdays). On average I got 280 flowers/day from explorers (have 40 of them). I still have 150 flowers in farms and am planning to get at least 350 by the time deactivation phase starts.
    Its a stressful event with a lot of (for this game) micromanagement but you can get a lot from it.
    The prices for items are overpriced (gem shop prices/event prices) and the increase for last years items was not a happy change.
    Its a good thing to see we are getting new items, except for the item packs. The item packs are a disappointment if you consider the useful/inventory clutter.
    Last edited by Tomislav11; 19.02.20 at 21:10.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomislav11 View Post
    So I have 17k flowers today. I spent: 1 Prestigious Friendship Buff (Tuesday morning 11.02.2020 , 1 day Premium Saturday 15.02, 17x Love Crazed (1x workday +10 over the weekend) and 17 Love cards. I did on average 4/day The Siege adventures on workdays and 14/day on weekend (Work and daily needs keeps be busy from 6am to 5pm on weekdays). On average I got 280 flowers/day from explorers (have 40 of them). I still have 150 flowers in farms and am planning to get at least 350 by the time deactivation phase starts.
    Its a stressful event with a lot of (for this game) micromanagement but you can get a lot from it.
    The prices for items are overpriced (gem shop prices/event prices) and the increase for last years items was not a happy change.
    Its a good thing to see we are getting new items, except for the item packs. The item packs are a disappointment if you consider the useful/inventory clutter.
    why would u use love crazed buffs? if you have PFB running they dont stack so there just wasted

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannerheim View Post
    Care to share your plan and the math behind this statement cause it sounds completely unrealistic? or what does your 'all' mean because it can be really subjective.

For getting "all" the good old items, the new items and upgrading them is around 130-170k flowers. Even if you own all the explorers in game since 2011 and have them all booked to the max and keep the flowers farms running with the best buffs (including new tree and 2 friend buffs) you can barely get half of whats being offered in shop. If you were thinking of getting the rest of the flowers by trading then Sandycove must be really special place if people are willing to trade away their flowers in such quantity's as everyone else will be buying them too.

The event will be absolutely dreadful for many people who wont bet able to run the farms with friend buff or don't have a massive army of explorers. The actions made for
    the event make it seem to be clearly a cash grab push compared to all the previous events in the game history.

shop was bought day 9- others than things that are useless like another quartermaster and silo/farm/weather station

so basically Lovetreex3 and upgraded to level; 3 x1-same with chocolatier 3 and 1,bundle,Obs,SP,5 explo's,2 Geo ,41 water mansion and 11k flowers on hand and nearly 9 days left-so not unrealistic at all.

Explorers was less than 5%-about 75% of my flowers came from selling 2500/3000 refills per day.
    Last edited by cheethamhill; 22.02.20 at 13:04.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkz View Post
    I would bet all the coconuts I own that his plan is essentially the same as in the race to 80, which was, most likely, buying lots of stuff and being fed by other players.

Still the point still stands, its impossible to do that off of your own effort, especially if playing on servers with less active populations. Unless you maintain few dozens of alt accounts on the same server.

The entire point of this discussion is theyre not winning, with the amount of people straight up saying theyre not going to play the event because its unrealistic for them to get any rewards.
    fed by other players LOL never took 1 item of res from anyone in this game even from level1 or have any "family accounts or trades from any other accounts"..I do it all myself.....impossible done.

do it look like I need to be fed? https://prnt.sc/r640tb https://prnt.sc/r641b3 I'd show the star menu with 40mill coin,2 mill beans the list goes on..I welcome any check on my account-41 mansions paid by mainly flowers to 35/40 other players...all legit...hard work yes..impossible no...
    Last edited by cheethamhill; 22.02.20 at 13:23.

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    how is this discussion dev related?

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by cheethamhill View Post
    so basically Lovetreex3 and upgraded to level; 3 x1-same with chocolatier 3 and 1,bundle,Obs,SP,5 explo's,2 Geo ,41 water mansion and 11k flowers on hand and nearly 9 days left-so not unrealistic at all.

Explorers was less than 5%-about 75% of my flowers came from selling 2500/3000 refills per day.
    You still miss the point, and in a kind of funny way you prove it right.

It is mathematically impossible to get enough resources on your own, buying them from other players is not getting them on your own, its utilizing the resources someone else has produced.

Plus it is only viable if people actually want to sell it, which is purely coincidental - so if for instance you were playing on my server, any attempt of selling regular goods for this kind of resources would only make people laugh at you, and you wouldnt buy jack.

The reason it is even brough up is that the original point still stands - the event is such absurdly balanced that you only stand a chance of buying alot of stuff if a dozen other people dont.
    Last edited by sparkz; 22.02.20 at 17:24.

Reply to Thread