Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: [Feedback] Change Log 10/03/2020

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    I have no idea of what you mean !?! .. I'm level 67 and only spend around 20£ in the beginning of the game and have plenty of buildings I got at events or via trade office.

Now .. I did save up for a gempit, and then focused getting new pit's - without using any gems for anything but that - which gave me a possibility to get some endless mines etc. If you focus a little on production and getting some trades you can get most things.

And regarding the flash stop they already have released a .. I think they call it a small client - a long time ago, so they are working on that :-).

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by KarstenL View Post
    And regarding the flash stop they already have released a .. I think they call it a small client - a long time ago, so they are working on that :-).
    There is one tiny leeettle problem with that. It requires Flash to run. It's just a dedicated lightweight browser off the Chromium project. That's nota fix at all, and people now suddenly being unable to log in through it and Steam tells us they not quite sussed it.

Anyone on North Isle are welcome to check what 4€ for an offline voucher can buy you... or maybe it so happens all of it was bought with what can be gotten in-game.

Furthermore, as much as I hate to point it out, any money spent on game technically goes to keeping it up so far. It in no way obligates BB to keep it open indefinitely.

That said, the danger of Flash going will loom over us until they do a proper fix, e.g. porting clientside to something with a future (no that is not HTML5).

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Flash is ending development, that does not mean it will no longer be available. Any argument to the contrary is as stupid as saying you cant buy a 2019 model car because it's now 2020.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    Flash is ending development, that does not mean it will no longer be available.
    False.

It has been said specifically that all major browsers will stop supporting flash by the end of 2020. It takes literally 20 seconds to google it up.

What it means is not that the codebase will no longer be developed, it means anyone that allows browser updates by the end of the year will no longer be able to use flash for any purposes.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkz View Post
    False.

It has been said specifically that all major browsers will stop supporting flash by the end of 2020. It takes literally 20 seconds to google it up.

What it means is not that the codebase will no longer be developed, it means anyone that allows browser updates by the end of the year will no longer be able to use flash for any purposes.
    OMG! I won't be able to play this game on Google Chrome after this December. What to do? Panic!

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkz View Post
    False.

And discovered vulnerabilities in flash will not be patched.
    And BB would need to maintain their slim fork for potential chromium based vulnerabilities,

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    The vulnerabilities are only an issue if you visit a site which exploits them with flash enabled.

When flash gets disabled for chrome then it probably means pepper flash will completely stop working (what would be the point of installing it along side chrome and having it using drive space if it's disabled?), which in turn will break the thin client.

Quite a few of the browsers are open source though, one of them could be forked so that the normal adobe flash client is fully enabled whilst also preventing the browser from visiting sites other than settlers online, probably quite similar to how the thin client works.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotugo View Post
    one of them could be forked so that the normal adobe flash client is fully enabled whilst also preventing the browser from visiting sites other than settlers online, probably quite similar to how the thin client works.
    The other side of the issue is though, the more niche solution you produce the fewer players will bother, and the game functions in such a way it might very well end up unplayable for you even if you're able to access it.

So its not only about whether or not a technical solution to the flash question exists.

World
    Newfoundland
    The Advanced Toolmaker building graphic has been adjusted to be consistent with other buildings
    Sorry but I don't see any change... The building still doesn't look visually consistent with other buildings.
    What was it supposed to be exactly?

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Problem with flash is that, it isn't public domain software. It is not only plugin to your browser, but whole bunch of tools, that Adobe is licensing and selling to software studios.
    Adobe can stop selling it, and they can block licenses, so BB will be in the dark *** with this game. We don't know agreements between BB and Adobe, so let's hope they got some good ones.

Reply to Thread