Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Best baff x2-duration 5 days

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    No!

You says I don't have smokehouse but I want 5 day buff. No! If it is about balance (meat too low price) then your suggestion would be something like this. Rebalance smokehouse pls. 2500 fish + 500 meat.

False logic behind the idea. If RPH can procude the smokehouse's buff (with different name new buff ) then we don't need smokehouse, if you would like a new type buff building with similar effect then doesn't make sense too.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    LittleP, i think this is a great idea but you're right, it affects the balance between Smokehouse and Rarity Provision House productions and the need for them but the idea i think is mostly dependent on the resource cost since even the Smoked Steaks cost too much to make. The amount of Fish that it takes to produce them is mainly from old stashes because in terms of production, it costs too much Fish to be worth the effort to make them, the few people who fully buff their Islands with Fishsteaks rarely have it buffed by someone else (to take maximum advantage of the timing, so they obviously don't care much for them) and most of them don't produce all of the fish they use to produce those buffs. That means, a buff the purpose of which is practically just more comfort for having to put less effort in getting the same results, cannot provide that comfort independently by itself without putting even more work forward for it.

Fishsteaks are a great idea already too and would be great but the whole problem with them is still that most people just can't afford them because their exchange rate in terms of production and benefit results in too much effort for nothing better. The Smokehouses could be the way they are, not everyone has a Rarity Provision House either but they still buff their Islands with Grilled Steaks too, the point is, if Fishsteaks were more affordable = comfortable to produce, more Smokehouses would be bought and used and more Fishsteaks would be around as well, just at a higher price and not as easy as Grilled Steaks, but not at this ridiculous difference that is now.

Then for a 5 days buff, as suggested, that would definitely be awesome and just another level of luxurious comfort at the cost of resources, time of production and more buildings to buy, which is just how it works in TSO and it's cool i think (But no need to buff 50 buildings to get 50 - 100 buffs for each buff cycle, I don't think that's worth it). But i think that would be best produced by a building that can be bought with Gems so that we have a much more available range of access depending on interest for it and it would also be controlled by BB's interest to keep the Gems flowing so the buff would have to be well balanced and well worth it, so much so that everyone would save up to buy it and those who can't wait for it would be glad to spend money to buy it and even sell it for resources or other items too. That way, everyone has access to it but it's not too easy for anyone either and the best way to make it easier is to spend money. Everyone wins i think.

Conclusion: Balance the existing Smokehouse buffs' cost (maybe time too?) so it's easier to make it but not so easily accessed either (accessible enough if it weren't for the cost), you'd have to earn it in one of the many existing ways (we don't want it too easy, just not tiresome) and then we could have a 5 day buff exactly as suggested, just by a properly balanced cost, produced in a building that could be bought from events, for Stalks once (so everyone can try it and at least see what's good about it) and for Gems so that it can be gifted and/or sold so that access to it would be limited by the majority's interest, which would show how balanced it really is in the long run. Personally, i'd be happy with Fishsteaks being cheaper (about twice the price of Grilled Steaks? Maybe 3 times that price at most? That could be a start) but i'd be glad to see everyone enjoy 5 days buffs (when applied by a friend) + Premium +10% time and BB could boost their gain a bit maybe too.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Elco View Post
    @Handsworth, how is your comment not spamming a thread, as it has absolutely nothing to do with the topic of this thread?

1. There are other threads (probably all merged by now) relating to your suggestion.
    2. Why is it exactly that lot of players complain about the couple of minutes (try timing yourself rather than roughly guessing) it takes to send out explorers, compared to the time it takes gens to travel back and forth to adv maps? My explorers dont all come home at the same time, so it never takes me more than max 2 mins to send them out again. That's faster than the regular 15 mins to any adv (and more often than not even faster than gens travelling with the observatory activated).
    It's awesome that you don't think it's a problem of sending 50 - 60 explorers out, but I detest it and find it enourmous annoying. When I started I had to place wheat fields and wells all around the island and I found that annoying too, so as soon as I could, I started buying silos and watermills so I could stop doing that. This is precisely the same ! doing the incessive clicking is just annoying and not what makes the game a great game so yes: I'd really like something that could make it a lot easier to send those explorers, even though it doesn't take 2 hours it's still annoying... and while we're at it: a macro function so I don't have to place 180 buffs would be greatly appreciated too ;-)

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Surf and turf buff is a better name

Reply to Thread