Reply to Thread

Thread: How to search the forums

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove

How to search the forums

I'm new to this game and the forums and I'm finding it difficult to find help on simple questions.

For example, I can't figure out why I can't upgrade my Forester building.

So I type "upgrade building" into the search box and here are the top results:
    • Change Log 10/03/2020
    • Where have the Glue buffs gone????
    • [Diagnostics] Performance, Lag, Freezes?
    • [Dev Diary] Valentine 2020 Event
    • Change Log 04/02/20
    • [Feedback] Achievements: Additional information
    • [Change Log] 21/01/20
    • Prison (Buff building by capturing enemy from adventure/mission)
    • [Feedback] Dev Diary: Christmas Event 2019
    • Christmas Bakery - Area does not match text
    • List of Achievements

Why did the search give me these results?

How do I find relevant posts?

World
    Newfoundland
    Welcome to the game!

You might be new, but this game has been running for many years already so you'll need to be a bit more specific when searching for something, otherwise your search will come back with too many results to find the one you want...
    I'm afraid "upgrade" + "buildings" are too very common words and every post containing either one of those words will show up. That will literally be hundreds of them.
    Perhaps try "forrester" instead?

Other options are:
    - Ask your questions in the Help tab when you're on your island. That is the tab with a question mark as symbol. There are always other players online and no doubt you'll find someone to answer your questions.

- Join a guild? There will be players there willing to assist you as well as providing you with resources as you grow.

- Under your avatar when on your island, there is a cogwheel, next to "Full Screen". Click on it and then select "Archive". You will have access to useful information, including upgrading a building.

- Lastly, if you prefer using the forum, I would advise you to read this: https://forum.thesettlersonline.com/...de-for-newbies

Happy settling!

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Truth is that searching the forums is a mess as BB never created an archive section for threads meaning that if you search for anything you do not get the most recent but everything.

Reply to Thread