Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New level 7 upgrades (from test server)

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle

New level 7 upgrades (from test server)

Advanced Toolmaker
    level 1->2 9,000 Exotic Wood Planks, 7,000 Granite
    level 2->3 9,000 Mahogany Planks, 7,500 Granite
    level 3->4 600 Grout, 8,500 Granite
    level 4->5 800 Grout, 9,000 Granite
    level 5->6 1,000 Grout, 10,000 Granite
    level 6->7 10,000 Advanced Tool, 6,500 Oil

Barracks
    level 6->7 4,800 Advanced Tool, 4,800 Oil (7 days)

Elite Barracks
    level 6->7 6,500 Advanced Tool, 7,000 Oil (10 days)

Combat Academy
    level 6->7 6,000 Advanced Tool, 5,500 Oil (7 days)

Combat Armory
    level 6->7 5,500 Advanced Tool, 6,000 Oil (7 days)

Floating Residence
    level 6->7 1,850 Advanced Tool, 2,200 Oil (7 days)

Endless Coal Mine
    level 6->7 4,000 Advanced Tool, 6,000 Oil (7 days)

Endless Copper Mine
    level 6->7 4,000 Advanced Tool, 6,000 Oil (7 days)

Endless Gold Mine
    level 6->7 6,000 Advanced Tool, 8,000 Oil (10 days)

Endless Iron Mine
    level 6->7 5,200 Advanced Tool, 7,000 Oil (10 days)

Mayor's House
    level 6->7 3,400 Advanced Tool, 2,750 Oil (7 days)

Fairytale Castle
    level 6->7 13,500 Advanced Tool, 13,500 Oil (10 days)

Gingerbread House
    level 6->7 3,000 Advanced Tool, 3,000 Oil (7 days)

World
    Newfoundland
    The update is obviously logical and makes perfect sense, because who wouldnt want to upgrade toolmakers to produce 6 times the amount they do now while theres still a chokepoint that is the oil building.

Also, who wouldnt want spending a month worth of production of a single oil building to upgrade one of the other buildings by 1 level.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    I guess the idea is to save and upgrade the limited buildings, after that you just upgrade when you happen to have produced enough. Maybe they should have done a lot of these limited buildings first rather than last though as some people may have wasted resources on less useful stuff without thinking to plan ahead for this.

The Advanced Toolmaker upgrades might be because they are planning to expand the Oil Mill, either adding more of them or adding extra levels where you can consume more expensive resources to produce Oil at a faster rate.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotugo View Post
    I guess the idea is to save and upgrade the limited buildings, after that you just upgrade when you happen to have produced enough.
    The idea is that there is no idea.

If anyone actually consiously wanted you to prioritize, youd have all the upgrades unlocked at the same time, not have the ones that are most likely to be beneficial allowed last.

It also doesnt change the fact that upgrade costs are ridiculous, where almost everything past tier 2 buildings will cost you a month of production per building. Same old story about them taking the numbers out of thin air, or cynically assuming you're dumb enough to spend months waiting for few +1 production increases.

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkz View Post
    The idea is that there is no idea.

If anyone actually consiously wanted you to prioritize, youd have all the upgrades unlocked at the same time, not have the ones that are most likely to be beneficial allowed last.

It also doesnt change the fact that upgrade costs are ridiculous, where almost everything past tier 2 buildings will cost you a month of production per building. Same old story about them taking the numbers out of thin air, or cynically assuming you're dumb enough to spend months waiting for few +1 production increases.
    Makes me wonder why do you play the game if it is so dumb in your opinion? Are there better games in your opinion? After all it's just a game, nothing life support critical.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Norton_C View Post
    Makes me wonder why do you play the game if it is so dumb in your opinion?
    The game is not dumb itself, their decisions are, and this is relevant simply because after all this is a commercial product you and I are expected to pay for, and its in our best interest that its the best quality possible, not the worst.

Pouring time and other resources into producing features that dont make sense or are completely worthless is not a good thing, and it should be pointed out and discussed, otherwise it might very well end up being companys standard (because why bother to try your best when noone cares what you throw at 'em).

qawpaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Norton_C View Post
    Makes me wonder why do you play the game if it is so dumb in your opinion? Are there better games in your opinion? After all it's just a game, nothing life support critical.
    well said
    for a long time only complainers, stop playing if you dont like the game.
    i still like the game 100% no complains from here, what ever the events bring

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    The game is not dumb itself, their decisions are, and this is relevant simply because after all this is a commercial product you and I are expected to pay for, and its in our best interest that its the best quality possible, not the worst.

Pouring time and other resources into producing features that dont make sense or are completely worthless is not a good thing, and it should be pointed out and discussed, otherwise it might very well end up being companys standard (because why bother to try your best when noone cares what you throw at 'em).
    So the game is great, just the game makers decisions are dumb? How did they create good game with dumb decisions? Anyway, glad you like the game then.

I like the L7 upgrades. Doesn't matter it takes long. The whole game is about wasting our time, it doesn't need to make perfect economic sense to everybody. I probably run my island the way which you would consider dumb, but it's fun for me.

World
    Sandycove
    thanks for the info Kotugo

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Sandycove
    The update is obviously logical and makes perfect sense, because who wouldnt want to upgrade toolmakers to produce 6 times the amount they do now while theres still a chokepoint that is the oil building.

Also, who wouldnt want spending a month worth of production of a single oil building to upgrade one of the other buildings by 1 level.
    You know, you are not forced to upgrade if you do not want to. Noone is twisting your arm.

I think it is great that I can upgrade to lvl 3 with ingredients I have more than I need of. I have 3 at lvl 1 now, that will let me tear down 2 and upgrade 1, and save me space for other buildings.

Reply to Thread