Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Database maintenance.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland

Is this closing down of the game on the 13th an insult ????????

Dear Settlers,

On Monday, 13th of April, an IT infrastructure task will require the game servers to be taken offline.

Please plan your game activities accordingly.

Date: 13.04.2020
    Timeframe: approx. 02:00 CEST - approx. 12:00 CEST
    Game: All gameworlds offline
    Adventures & Premium: Times will be extended
    Happy Settling!

Sorry - but I can only see it as that.
    Trying to play the event - trying to make it fit into more important things like my job.
    Been working to have the crasher quest fit with my job- like I am sure many others have been doing, that means I must have them done before I start work around 7 AM. Now they say I have to wait until 11 AM - that means I might not even be able to do the quests that day??
    what will you do to compensate that ???????????
    Will you auto complete the quests for the 13th ??
    This is an insult and making the game look like one big joke and waste of time and effort to make things work.

Merged
    Last edited by MOD_Daz; 14.04.20 at 11:39.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland

Angry Database maintenance.

Wow, thanks BB, you've done it again!
    Why wasn't this posted several days ago? Explorers were sent out hours before this notice appeared, nearly all due back during the downtime and the party crashers' camps all renew after the servers are shut down, not to mention a number of carefully timed expensive buffs currently running.
    Going to have to stop a special goldmine for fear of it collapsing before I can get online again, so that already lengthy quest just got at least a day longer.
    Pretty much lost an entire day of event now just because of this and timings going to be way off as buffable camps that were usually available during my playing hours will now be untouchable until sleep time, after which given the choice between playing TSO or making a pre-booked telephone to my mother who is currently in hospital with Covid-19, think TSO comes a very poor second.
    You must have known this was coming so why yet again no advance warning, especially as these servers cover the time zones no others do?
    Event should be extended at least a day now just to catch up this oversight.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

World
    Northisle
    Not really an excuse, but i think this one is more on Ubisoft then BB. As this seems to be related to a lot more then this game.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    Half a day lost, agree with Nogbad, add an extra day during end phase pls.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Or.... nothing.... Happy Easter....

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    i was posted and plenty of notice given

qawpaw
    as always only complains

World
    Newfoundland
    Just like clockwork with an atomic precision... Mega-lol!!!

To think BB had to perform this emergency servers maintenance on a Bank Holiday, right in the middle of an event, just to annoy you and your accounts on every possible servers...

PS: as expected by everybody (but you and a couple of other moaners who yet keep playing), the game was back online fairly quickly. Happy Easter Monday and save lives, stay home!

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hey folks,

Apologies for the delay in response!

We're going to post a response very soon in regards to this downtime, as well as something that should ease the trouble caused by it.

Again, I'm sorry if any of you were caught out by it.

Stay home, stay safe!

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland

Reply to Thread