Reply to Thread

Thread: Need a better contact for support

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland

Thumbs down Need a better contact for support

I have been trying to log in for 1 month, messaging support back and forth, who just don't read my emails, or do not have any interest in helping.
    just sending me the same stand email response, clear your dns, try a different browser, blah blah blahh.
    I have tried 5 different browsers on 3 different PC's.

I just have the stupid please wait message, with man swinging the hammer.

I haven't used the account for some years, but I paid real money for gems etc.

MY account is on the newfoundland server, which is very old / maybe dead.

support are not doing anything to look at my account, how can I get some technical response, rather than some wombat "Paul" replying.

Thank you for taking the time to get in touch.

May we know if you were able to carry out each and every step that was provided? As a workaround, in order to identify the issue, could you specifically try to use an alternate web browser and see if the issue still persists?
    Please understand that if we do not receive an answer to this email within 48 hours, we will consider this case to be closed. In such an event, you will need to create a new ticket.

Thank you for contacting The Settlers Online Support.

If you need to change your email address or password in game, you will need to visit http://uplay.ubi.com/. Once there, log in and click on "My Account" and "Account Management" on the top right. There will be an option called "Account Information," which you will need to click on. When you get to your account profile, you will see a green "Edit" button next to your Email and Password, which you can click to change your login credentials.

If you are unable to access the invalid email account, you will need to contact Ubisoft Support for any additional questions, concerns, or problems with this procedure, as The Settlers Online support is unable to access Uplay databases.

I apologize for any inconvenience this causes.

ould you try the basic troubleshooting steps below and let me know if they solve the issues you are encountering? Please try not to skip any steps, however, as even the smallest step can resolve the issue.

1. Make sure you are using the latest version of your web browser, as an older version may no longer be supported for the game.

2. Make sure you are using the most recent version of Adobe Flash. http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html

3. Before logging in to the game, clear your cookie and cache files from the web browser you are using,
    http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser%27s-Cache along with the Temp files from the PC, in order to make sure that there is nothing within these files that cause the game to lock out or not perform some actions that are required by the game.

4. Clear your Flash cache files. This is separate from the browser's cache, and will ensure that any "broken" or "junk" game files are removed, so that they may be redownloaded properly.
    You can find the steps to do this listed here: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4278569

5. Try using another one of the supported web browsers for the game: Firefox, Internet Explorer, or Google Chrome.

6. Flush your DNS cache. This is consistent across all Windows versions that have a command prompt, but the command can vary depending on your specific Mac OS version. Your router may also store a separate DNS cache that can be flushed by powering it off for thirty seconds or more (usually).

Once you have completed the actions mentioned above, if you are using a PC, please go to the “Windows Updates” in all programs and make sure all parts of the system are updated.

Finally, please go to www.adobe.com and install the latest version of Flash as sometimes this program may not be covered by the Windows updates.

Please be aware that having multiple Flash applications running at once will cause lag, server crashes, and Flash crashes. Please try to limit the number of Flash based web applications you have running while trying to play the game to have the best experience. Such applications include YouTube, Pandora, and other Flash based games.

Please also make sure to verify the settings of your firewall, anti-virus program and browser pop-up blockers, as they can sometimes prevent the game from working properly.
    In most cases, this will solve the problem you are encountering and should help with the general performance of your PC as well.

Please understand that if we do not receive an answer to this email within 48 hours, we will consider this case to be closed. In such an event, you will need to create a new ticket.

Kind regards,

Paul

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Were all those 3 different computers using the same router or network or did you try to login at some friend/family house too?

It can take several tickets or mail before someone actually reacts to your messages. Rest are just auto-replies by AI or 10 sec message preview templates...
    Last edited by Mannerheim; 28.04.20 at 18:11.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    The man with the hammer usually appears for me if I have connection issues, it does mean you are making some kind of connection to the server (otherwise how would the graphic download?), I would also assume flash is working since that graphic is being loaded by the flash client.

There was an issue a while ago where the game client had bloated in size to the point that some people were no longer able to load the game or it took a very long time to load and whilst that issue was fixed, if your internet speed is poor then you might still be hitting some kind of timeout.

what kind of results do you get if you google speedtest?

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    no problem with my computer or connection, as I set up a second settlers online account and can log in and play fine.
    But I want my original account back.

it just says username not found, or password incorrect each time I try reset it, I get no emails. (following the stupid reply below) why cant they just send me a password reset email, or do it for me, if they claim it works. it does not work

Thank you for taking the time to get in touch.

I can confirm that the email address you have mentioned as the previous one (before the change on the forums) is the correct one. Please refrain from using the email address set up on the forums as the forum settings do not affect the game account settings.

I hope that it helps you restore your password.
    There should be the following option: "Forgot your password?" beneath the login form if you go to: https://account.ubisoft.com/
    Once you click on it, you will be asked to enter your email address. Thanks to that, you should be able to recover your password if you enter your old email address there.

If you have any future issues or questions, please feel free to let us know.
    Last edited by AlexD; 30.04.20 at 05:04.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexD View Post
    no problem with my computer or connection, as I set up a second settlers online account and can log in and play fine.
    But I want my original account back.
    Well this is quite an important thing which wasn't included in the original post since it moves the problem from being on your end (which is probably what 99% of the support requests are for) to something on their end.

All you can do is be persistent, make it clear that you have no issues with a new account, but also make it clear that the new account was only setup for testing. They may refuse support and ban you for running multiple accounts.

The support for this game is generally very poor and it is only going to be worse with the current covid situation.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Thanks, also oddly enough when i search for my name within the game AlexD it does not show up in the users, so i presume they have deleted my account, and not willing to admit that is the issue, like you said as currently i only receive replies form 1 person during the night

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    I can see your name in the mail and friend search auto suggestions

Reply to Thread