Reply to Thread

Thread: The Sunflower Field is a Bad Joke

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland

The Sunflower Field is a Bad Joke

I'm really scratching my head trying to work out what the rationale for the sunflower' field's balancing is.

You can buy a maximum of three. One with 8k beanstalks, two for 2.5k gems each.

Let's start by talking about the cost. 2.5k gems is more expensive than any of the Improved buildings with the sole exception of the Improved Deerstalker. It's slightly more than a Friary, far more expensive than an Exotic Wood Tree Nursery, and almost 3 times the cost of a Recycling Manufactory. All of those other buildings produce an output that can be used in multiple chains. The Sunflower Field produces oilseeds which are used only in the Oil Mill.

It cycles once every 90mins, turning 10 water into 1 Oilseed and can't be upgraded. I figured it might be possible to get one to basically feed a Titanium Hen, but that's not possible even with the 10x buff that you can apply for the bargain price of 200 gems a day. The Hen will consume 240 seeds in the 6 hours that the field takes to make 44 seeds when buffed. Even all three runnning buffed can't keep up with a single Hen.

Ignoring the Hen, the field just ... isn't that valuable. If you had all three and you ran them unbuffed, you're getting 48 seeds a day for the low, low price of around 30 Euro in gems and whatever the rate for 8K Beanstalks is on your server (On Newfoundland, 8k Beanstalks is around 60k gold coins). 48 seeds, a full day of production for all three fields, will feed a single oil mill for 4 hours. I figured that maybe the plan was to reduce the seeds from adventures to balance the new inputs, but even with all three fields running, you can't even come close to keeping an oil mill running even with rainbow snow buffs on all of them. If you have multiple oil mills, then it gets even worse.

If you do adventures, even casually, you get more oilseeds than you can use. Why would we spend any number of gems or beanstalks to get this tiny extra trickle of a not very valuable resource?

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by IainC View Post
    I'm really scratching my head trying to work out what the rationale for the sunflower' field's balancing is.
    There isnt any, its just another feature added to the game thats a random combination of available attributes.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Wonder how many oilseeds you would get for 8k stalks?

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan View Post
    Wonder how many oilseeds you would get for 8k stalks?
    11 every 2 hrs without pfb

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    You miss the point, how many oilseeds would you get if you sold the 8k stalks...?

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    If he sells 8k stalks for 60k gcs and buys seeds.. at 3 gc each.. that would be 20k seeds for the 8k stalks or 30k seeds for the 8k stalks if he pays 2 gc each seed

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    + 100 I totally agree, even if I used gems to get 2 more, where would I put them - they are huge, I dont have room for them. I might get it by bombing the titan hens that are now useless, as I no longer cant get enough sunflower seeds to run them and make oil for upgrade. The number we get from adv seems to have been reduced and we get stupid fertilizer instead. Even with the fertilizer, the huge sunflower seeds works slower than paint try in the rain.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post
    even if I used gems to get 2 more, where would I put them - they are huge, I dont have room for them.
    B-but its simple, all you have to do is spend couple hundred k's of oil to upgrade 70-odd buildings to level 7, so that you can demolish 12 of the level 6 ones, which will free enough space to build the farms.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkz View Post
    B-but its simple, all you have to do is spend couple hundred k's of oil to upgrade 70-odd buildings to level 7, so that you can demolish 12 of the level 6 ones, which will free enough space to build the farms.
    But if I do that I no longer need the fields, so what would be the point?
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Reply to Thread