Reply to Thread

Thread: Pine Production

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle

Pine Production

Hi
    Confused by this one.

Pine tree production is -1000 so I'm looking to build/upgrade Pine Foresters but everywhere on the map I have Pine Loggers is fully forested so adding more Foresters doesnt seem to be improving my Pine Tree production.

Any ideas?

World
    Newfoundland
    Production overview often uses weird algorithms to calculate interactions between buildings, that end up being misleading or plainly wrong. Just ignore it, if you can verify your production is fine, then its fine regardless of what the overview says.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    thanks sparkz

It has now swung to +800 so guess its travel times or Foresters "waiting" for loggers to make some room in the forest.

Or foresters occasionally frightened off by the wild boar. lol

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Things that refill a reource often have quite large variances deending on how far they are walking to that resource and what resources need refilling.
    In your case, the foresters might need to walk to a pine wood resource that's a long way away, that will reduce their productivity, even though their production is the same as always. Alternatively, if there's nothing to refill, then they'll not be working until a resource depletes. You'll find the same with silos and fields too.

For those things, it's best to ignore the economy overview, and just keep an eye on the state of your island, if it starts to look like Mordor, upgrade or build new foresters.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Thanks Iain

That makes sense.

Mordor hmm.

Volcanos in a future release. Lava cannons, Salamander attack units. #overactiveimagination

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Production for Foresters, Loggers and Sawmills staying green now. Zone wide wood production buff is on!

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by SayItWithSteel View Post
    Thanks Iain

That makes sense.

Mordor hmm.

Volcanos in a future release. Lava cannons, Salamander attack units. #overactiveimagination
    Volcano already in game
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    Also, the higher level your foresters, the wider the variance.
    Say your cutter takes 1 log from the "deposit", an L5 forester then adds 5 back to it, taking it over limit, so then doesn't refill again for another 5 cycles, during which time the game is still counting the cutters as a "drain" on the supply.
    My island is very green, and I'd only get concerned if it suddenly went bare with just tree stumps dotted about the place.
    However, some people seem to like that look, it does make finding collies easier.

Reply to Thread