Reply to Thread

Thread: Merging of Legacy and Ubisoft Accounts Issue

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland

Question Merging of Legacy and Ubisoft Accounts Issue

My mother has nearly had a heart attack when she tried to log into the game today.

She has a legacy settlers account under email1 (sandieg)
    She has a ubisoft account under email2 (sandygk/sandygk1950) - possibly different usernames
    She has a steam settlers account under email2 - not used as we were nervous of multiple account issues even though it was on a different server

My mother has the game automatically log in for her and it failed to log in under her legacy account and instead asked her to login under her ubisoft account so she did and it asked her for a new avatar ( on the steam account server ) .. she is level 70 something (on the legacy account server) and just as old and can't handle panics like this. The legacy login button didn't appear when I went down after these login attempts she made but after a few attempts myself it managed to fix itself so that she can at least log in via the legacy login.

After reading the FAQ https://forum.thesettlersonline.com/...ft-Login-Guide I realised my initial questions were partly answered there so there is now just a single question to ponder ..

If she did the merge to ubisoft account from her legacy account and used her ubisoft email address, and processed the merge .. what would happen ?
    a) Would it replace the second server avatar and progress ( or lack of it ) with the primary server avatar and progress ( 70+ levels since 2014 )
    b) Would it report an issue due to an existing settlers online avatar/game connected to that email
    c) Would it simply delete the primary server (aargh) leaving her with a brand new start up island and avatar ( aaaargh )

Thanks for any suggestions/answers etc that will help ease my mother's heart.
    Last edited by Xrystal; 02.06.20 at 20:06. Reason: Additional Information

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Not many read forum, I used to but stopped as the total lack of feedback on our feedback made me grumpy. I do think that a change like this need to be communicated instead of just being implemented and thereby leaving us in a situation where we have no idea what is going on.
    That said - I dont think BB had explained in details how this works. I know that lots of players have different accounts on different servers. Can you have more than one legacy account merged to one Ubisoft account? -
    I started out on a different server, but wanted to start over, and therefor started a new account on another server, as you cant delete and account, For that reason I have an account on my main email I never use. I dont even think I remember usename and password. My legacy account is therefor on a different email, that I dont use much, and my ubisoft email also linked to a legacy account I never use. I dont really dare do anything, but at least I managed to find out how to log on using the legacy login.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Ubisoft account - settlers Legacy account??

I am close to giving up now. I have been writing to support, answered back right away when I got reply- but never heard anything after that- so I guess that as usual they have found some reason to close the ticket.
    I have a Settlers account on Newfoundland server linked to one email. I have an account on test server link to my normal email, and that email is also linked to my Ubisoft account. I cant log onto after this Ubisoft account thing. Well have not been there for ages,- and have no wish to. I have asked to get it deleted but I get no reply. I don't want to have it linked to my Ubisoft account.
    I want to be able to keep playing settlers on Newfoundland server, but I don't want to open one more Ubisoft account. I am not a big fan of the Ubisoft system, I get lost every time I am in there- I am used to computer systems - but I cant call the ubisoft thing user friendly. I am coming to the conclusion that I will just give up now, if my account on Newfoundland server cant be merged with the existing Ubisoft account, and the Ubisoft login is going to be mandatory,- then I just need to find something else to do.
    Last edited by Urd123; 21.06.20 at 04:43.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

qawpaw
    i dont really know what the issue means

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    https://forum.thesettlersonline.com/...ft-Login-Guide

I guess that in the near future the Ubisoft login - (the annoying white window that pops up) will be the only way - or maybe also Facebook - who knows
    but it seems that people who for some reason has different email accounts and more than one settlers server, have issues and might for that reason be excluded from the game in the future- as the support is as efficient on closing tickets with no real help as always.
    Last edited by Urd123; 21.06.20 at 04:42.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    BB clearly know it is causing issues as they have delayed the start date of the football event on the German servers by a week.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    I have also had problems this morning.

My legacy account logon does not work. I have used the reset password mechanism and it still does not work. Says 'invalid' twice and on the third attempt hangs with the hammer man and 'please wait'. Waited an hour. I have tried a newly installed computer at work where I have never played settlers ever. Exactly the same, so it's nothing to do with cache/cookies or any of the usual excuses.

My Ubisoft login thinks I'm a new player (although I believed I had been using it for a long time)

I was only able to get in with a Facebook login (which I didn't expect to work as I try to avoid all things FB related.)

The German forum has a more recent (18/6) frontpage post about the changes and also has lots of helpful step by step notes about various scenarios you may encounter, although it sadly didn't cover my legacy logon fail. It would nevertheless be good to have similar help available here to aid us second class citizens.

Now that I have logged in I have gone to My Profile to link the TSO legacy account to Ubisoft as instructed but the option shown in the german screenshot does not seem to be available, perhaps because I used an FB account.

Seems to be a mess - as noted above the German football event has been postponed for a week.

qawpaw
    okay seem they have made new problems then
    or for some players atleast

Reply to Thread